Kansas City Comedy Radio

Radio news from the USA

Kansas City Comedy Radio

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:05 am

Comedy Radio Station Hits The Air In KC
by Tim Engle
The Kansas City Star

Something funny’s going on at 102.5 FM.

Cumulus Media, owner of seven local radio stations, launched an all-comedy station Monday on a new Kansas City signal. Funny 102.5 will feature continuous stand-up comedy from the likes of Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Dane Cook, Wanda Sykes and Jeff Foxworthy — current stuff as well as classic routines.
The new station (online at http://www.funny1025.com) is part of a national network of comedy stations produced by the 24/7 Comedy Radio Network. Cumulus says that in addition to laughs from the kings and queens of comedy, the station will spotlight touring comics who appear on local comedy stages.
Why a comedy format? “We felt this was an opportunity in Kansas City that nobody was taking advantage of,” says Chris Hoffman, operations manager for Cumulus.
It’s not, by the way, Kansas City’s first comedy station. Back in 2004, the All Comedy Network was heard on KCKN-AM (1340). But that format didn’t last long. By 2005, 1340 had become “La Gran D,” playing regional Mexican music.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Re: Kansas City Comedy Radio

Postby pave » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 am

What a concept - terra-radio plus an online access. My only concerns are about whether PC-editors will be cutting to the bone... and ruining the material.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 am

That is likely to be the case, the FCC still has teeth and those lacking the Stern-like cash reserves to pay the fines usually tread cautiously.
Kansas City and the state of Missouri also is a fairly conservative market.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks N.S. for the link!
I tried to listen live and they prompt me to install "SILVERLIGHT". Anyone know what this is/does to my system?
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Buckley » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 pm

PicturesForYourEars wrote:Thanks N.S. for the link!
I tried to listen live and they prompt me to install "SILVERLIGHT". Anyone know what this is/does to my system?

Silverlight is a Microsoft application. Are you trying to stream the station via Internet Explorer? If so, you'll need it. Otherwise, try using a different program, like Firefox, you shouldn't need Silverlight then (though maybe it's possible?). It's not any more harmful than any other Microsoft program (and if you're using IE then you're already a risk taker so why stop now? :) )
Buckley
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:10 pm

MY kind of radio! Thank you very much for the link N.S. Gary. Vancouver.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby kccr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 am

We are launching a new Online Radio station on January 27, 2012. This is an online only station playing 100% Uncensored Comedy from the Kansas City area and beyond. Not to knock what the other guys are doing. They do a great job, but they are limited in what they are allowed to do.

We play Uncensored sets from comedians (both local and national), music from comedians, programs for or by comedians and we are also running a community calendar of local Kansas City Events.

Just wanted to let you know what is up.
The Best of Kansas City Comedy and Much More.
kccr

Return to US Radio News