Province Editorial Editing

What's happening in the world of Newspapers and Magazines?

Province Editorial Editing

Postby johnsykes » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Just so you all know, I did send a letter to the Province Editor....asking if its time for the Lower Mainland to think about amalgamating into a so-called Metro Vancouver.....ala Toronto some years ago and Calgary. The Province did run the letter, but not entirely. A sentence was deleted which I suggested the stuck-up noses of West Vancouver would never vote for such a scheme. I just thought I'd pass that piece on here. If a letter is sent to the editor, then I'd suggest the editor accept it verbatum, unless there is something in the letter that is not exactly true. In this case, I believe I was correct....that flipping mayor of West Vancouver is one downright stuck-up snob.

One city, one mayor (other than Gregor), one council, one police force, one fire department. A lot of saved money all the way!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: Province Editorial Editing

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Or you could just write it like an adult.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 pm

John, the Tri Cities can't even get it together on governing, police or fire... there's no way it's going to happen in Metro.
My 2 cents.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:03 pm

If my count is correct, there are more than 20 small, medium, and large empires in the metro Vancouver area. Each little, medium and large empire has a mayor and counsel who have their eye on keeping what they have with out giving up any power. These same mayors and counselors also might be considering stepping on the next rung of the political ladder. which would be running for provincial government. then the next step would be running for federal politics. Give anything up? There is no way that is going to happen in this lifetime. Are their leaders who truly care for their communities? sure their are, but they also care about their own future and the power that comes with each step up the ladder. What is that saying about power and absolute power.....?
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to The Print Media