That's No Puppet, That's My....

What's happening in the world of Newspapers and Magazines?

That's No Puppet, That's My....

Postby jon » Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm

From an article earlier today by Melanie Patten and Aly Thomson of The Canadian Press:
Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version said Prince Charles shook hands with a puppet at a military resource centre.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: That's No Puppet, That's My....

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 pm

I believe he was on a state visit to Avenue Q

"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Rich Elwood » Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm

I love the look on the kids face in that photo. I can hear his thoughts, "So, that's what a freeloading, uninteresting, out-of-touch, deadbeat, pompous ass looks like close up."
Rich Elwood
Advanced Member

Postby Recordman » Tue May 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Rich Elwood wrote:I love the look on the kids face in that photo. I can hear his thoughts, "So, that's what a freeloading, uninteresting, out-of-touch, deadbeat, pompous ass looks like close up."

I was looking for the like button on that comment.
I still can`t understand why we the taxpayers pay for these people to come here when they are ultra rich themselves,if they want to come here let them pay there own way.
I`d be in favor of abolishing the monarchy what a waste of time and money.
Recordman
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue May 20, 2014 5:18 pm

I think they should get rid of the Monarchy, tout suite.

Look up "The Carlyle Group", and you will catch my drift.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue May 20, 2014 6:07 pm

A recent poll on my blog showed that 75 percent of readers support the monarchy

I don't think we should condemn anyone as a pompous ass. I think both he and his father have done a lot in the Empire.

People sometimes look at each of us as a pompous ass. :rockon:

Just my thoughts on a sunny day
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Wed May 21, 2014 9:36 am

Greetings Everyone.
Might not be my usual self on here because my Mom just died on Sunday , May 18th , 2014 on a very routine and minor short visit to the Cobourg hospital. Her health had been good, no strokes, heart attacks or anything like that. Came as a shock to all of us and I am still very angry about this. As a Progressive Christian I am extremely dissappointed in God or whatever you want to call the creator. If you are an Atheist or Agnostic I do not blame you for thinkng that way!!! As a strong Progressive Christian who has read the bible etc. etc. it makes you wonder.

Why do I bring this up on this thread. Well we are talking about the Monarchy are we, Kings, Queens, Princes. According to christian and religious belief isn't God thought of as like the Monarchy, King of the Universe or King of the many Multiverses or Universes. The question I have about Kings, Monarchies etc. etc. is this: Why should anyone be treated like the King of the Castle and we are the Dirty Rascals??? I am not against someone been King or Prince or part of a Royal Family but like others have said why should we bow down and give our taxpayer dollars to support very rich people. In fact going one step further why should any so called King including Extraterrestial More Advanced Alien Civilizations or even the ultimate Alien, God get tons of riches from us???? I do believe in titheing to help good causes that people are involved with or who God may give us direction to participate in. But that is free will offering for causes which you or me feel are worthwhile, not mandatory or forced to do!!! While on the subject of the monarchy here is my take on it too. In days of old the King or Queen seemed to have great powers including dictating to Royal subjects, condemning people to death, (beheading for example) etc.., Many countries in centuries past had Kings and Queens. Not sure that I like that idea of so much power to one person. It seems to me like that person is like a dictator! I absolutely hate dictators whether they be a King or Queen, A Nazi or Fascist dictator like Adolf Hitler, a Communist Dictator like Stalin was in the USSR, an alien civilization dictator or a Good or Evil Angelic dictator! It doesn't matter what type of being it is, human or otherwise I hate dictators. My faith and perception of dictators does not really include God in this category but sometimes I wonder. For example does God ask you when he takes your life or your loved ones life. Does he get your permission? That sounds a little bit like a dictator to me. But that is not how I like to think of God. However it really seems that God does cherry pick who he helps and saves lives with. Trust me I have seen examples personally of God saving lives from car accidents , meth drug labs about to explode and they were stopped etc. etc.. So in my opinion God can intervene when he wants to. After all if you are a believer we are talking about a very power energy force that created all of this universe and perhaps millions of others. But some of the things that happen make you wonder whether God indeed does act like a dictator at times or the Master King and we just have to put up with what he or she or they do! Thats why I am relating this to Royalty or the Monarchy because the tradition of Kings and Queens seems to parallel some of that.

So as long as someone who is rich or in a position of power is not a dictator I*m okay with it. However like others have said I don't believe we should support rich powerful people for trips etc. They should pay their own way! If someone is poor and its important for them to make a trip by all means support them with tax dollars if its a worthy cause. But not for rich people or beings with a lot of power!

Take care everyone and thats my view on it!

73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Wed May 21, 2014 9:52 am

Greetings,
As a follow-up to this topic some of you might be familiar with British author David Icke, he is also a lecturer and has been on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory and Art Bell over the years. A friend of mine in Vancouver bought his 40 dollar book ten years ago. My sister by accident got stuck in one of his expensive lectures in Toronto quite a few years ago and had to listen to over an hour of his amazing theories! If you are not familiar with him. Here is David Ickes take on the Royal Family from the UK.... He has a related one about the death of Princess Diana too! He believes the Royal Family (Blue Bloods, get it) are humans from the advanced Reptillian alien civilization. He even thinks the Queen has a tale like a Reptillian, pure blue bloods! Yeah right, thought I would throw this in for a bit of humor. And oh yes the Reptillian Alien Civilization act very much like dictators too want to control us all!!!

Do I believe him, no! Just thought you would get a laugh out of that one!

73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Rich Elwood » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey Jack,

Why would you admit that 75% of your readers aren't enlightened? I stand by my joke....that's what it was. The whole concept of anything except a Bank being Royal is absurd in this day and age. Jack, you're a nice guy....trust me those Royal slobs would blow you off and 75% of your readers in a heartbeat - even though you're a nice guy and so are they.

Eldon - Mr. CFAY

I offer my condolences to you and your family. That's always a tough one when a parent passes. I also lost my mother on the May long weekend a number of years ago under similar circumstances. God Bless your mother and all the other good people in the world!!

Speaking of the May Long Weekend I float this for consideration....Instead of celebrating the birthday of an old bag Queen (Victoria) who was a rotten person like all the royals; why don't we change the name of the May long weekend to Service Day. A Holiday were we salute and thank all the people of this country who do service and deserve thanks. Armed Forces, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Doctors, Nurses, Civic Workers, Social Workers etc - and even those who write blogs for the out-of-touch too!!

That was another joke Jack!!

The never pompous!

Rich Elwood
Rich Elwood
Advanced Member

Return to The Print Media