Cory Wells - Three Dog Night

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Cory Wells - Three Dog Night

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Cory Wells, one of the trio of original lead vocalists for Three Dog Night passed away today, aged 74.

He broke out of the Buffalo NY music scene in the early 60's, moving to Los Angeles to form Cory Wells and the Enemys; the defacto house band of the Whisky A Go Go during it's halcyon days. Later he teamed with Danny Hutton and Chuck Negron to form the iconic and enormously successful Three Dog Night.
Although disrupted by the unamicable departure of Negron, they never ended as a group and, with just the remaining two vocalists, continued touring extensively until just recently. They were to have been back here in Bremerton, WA to make up a cancelled date from earlier this year. It now seems unlikely that will come to pass.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Re: Cory Wells - Three Dog Night

Postby jon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:12 pm

In a perfect world, Danny and Chuck will get back together, to continue the tour.

Based on what Chuck wrote in this autobiography, "Three Dog Nightmare", the rift was pretty huge. Cory's death may bring them back together. Last I heard, Chuck is still Clean from his addictions, which should help enormously.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Cory Wells - Three Dog Night

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:48 pm

I always loved playing the bands music.
One of those signposts for me, again.
These guys hit - just as I got into Radio.
RIP, Cory, and thank you for the "Joy" you brought to the World.
*Too bad the Band had so much internal strife - and a small aside, their drummer, Floyd Sneed, was from Calgary, I believe.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road