Andrew Koenig, found dead 41

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Andrew Koenig, found dead 41

Postby Steve Sanderson » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:47 pm

From my friends at Hollywoodmemior.com

Joshua Andrew Koenig (August 17, 1968 – February 25, 2010), also known as Josh Andrew Koenig or Andrew Koenig, was an American character actor, film director, editor and writer. His father is actor Walter Koenig known for his role Pavel Chekov in Star Trek.

Koenig played Richard "Boner" Stabone on ABC sitcom Growing Pains. He also had a minor role in "Sanctuary," an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Andrew Koenig is the son of actor Walter Koenig (who played "Chekov" in the original television version of Star Trek) and his wife, Judy Levitt.
His brother-in-law is stand-up comedian Jimmy Pardo, who is married to Koenig's sister Danielle Koenig.

Disappearance & Discovery of Body
In February 2010, Koenig was reported missing by friends and family. He was last seen near a bakery in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on February 14, and missed a scheduled flight back to the U.S. on February 16. According to his parents, Koenig left evidence that he was depressed prior to his disappearance. On February 25, 2010, it was reported by CNN that his body was found by friends searching for him in Stanley Park in Vancouver. Police later confirmed Koenig's body was found earlier in the day, and Koenig's father told reporters at an evening press conference that his son took his own life.
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Re: Andrew Koenig, found dead 41

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Feb 26th - Koenig found dead

Is there something new sandflap?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Sorry Jack .. your source is out to lunch ...

Andrew Koenig's body discovered in Stanley Park
Family says it was suicide
Sheila Scott Feb 25, 2010 15:47:23 PM

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/arti ... anley-park
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

my source must have had a dim sum
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Depression affects more people than you might realize.

I have read there might be a genetic predisposition to the condition - in people of Celtic origin, in particular.

Not to get too personal - but I have been treated for a terrible case of Depression for most of my adult life - and I want to reach out to you, if you have been suffering in that dark and lonely place and don't know where to turn.

There are great resources for you and they are available - all you have to do is ask.

If you are nervous about talking with your MD or your friends or spouse.....please drop me a note and I will pass along some information that has helped me, and I hope, can help you.

There is no shame in this mental illness - and with medication and solid medical and psychological help - it is TOUGH, but it is manageable. It takes work - but it is WORTH IT.

Please - if you are suffering - you are not alone.

I will be happy to try and get you to a better place - I am here because someone reached out to me. I came very close to the edge a few times, and had it not been for a helping hand, maybe I wouldn't be here.

I apologize for getting serious here for a moment - but I feel it is the least I can offer....it will be our secret and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Believe me - you are NOT ALONE.

To be less serious....I guess all those years of playing endless repeats of "Snowbird" and "Albert Flasher" probably didn't help my condition. LOL.

hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 pm

hagopian wrote:Depression affects more people than you might realize.

I have read there might be a genetic predisposition to the condition - in people of Celtic origin, in particular.

Not to get too personal - but I have been treated for a terrible case of Depression for most of my adult life - and I want to reach out to you, if you have been suffering in that dark and lonely place and don't know where to turn.

There are great resources for you and they are available - all you have to do is ask.

If you are nervous about talking with your MD or your friends or spouse.....please drop me a note and I will pass along some information that has helped me, and I hope, can help you.

There is no shame in this mental illness - and with medication and solid medical and psychological help - it is TOUGH, but it is manageable. It takes work - but it is WORTH IT.

Please - if you are suffering - you are not alone.

I will be happy to try and get you to a better place - I am here because someone reached out to me. I came very close to the edge a few times, and had it not been for a helping hand, maybe I wouldn't be here.

I apologize for getting serious here for a moment - but I feel it is the least I can offer....it will be our secret and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Believe me - you are NOT ALONE.

To be less serious....I guess all those years of playing endless repeats of "Snowbird" and "Albert Flasher" probably didn't help my condition. LOL.

hey, didn't Raif Mare do a bunch of shows on depression?
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Think so.

Rafe had a major issue with heights etc.

He worked his tail off to fight it.

I respect him tremendously - because he has reached out to many folks on this issue.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 am

I have developed some phobias in my late life but I think Rafe suffers
something more serious than just a fear of heights.I do think he has a handle on it.

I used to be quite manic in my youth - couldn't shut me up but I have
controlled that well.

Medicine today is wonderful but there is a level of self control needed in life
today. Self awareness backed up by action.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:Medicine today is wonderful but there is a level of self control needed in life today. Self awareness backed up by action.

Medicine is the only answer for some people for some conditions.

The latest research I've seen on Depression indicates that Antidepressants are required to resolve 50% of those afflicted by Clinical Depression. No amount of self awareness, therapy, etc. will complete the job for that half of sufferers. On the other hand, some form of therapy (which could include self-help) is required as part of the solution for pretty much everyone suffering from it. In other words, though the half needing medication will be greatly helped by anti-depressants, adding therapy to the mix will create an even better final result.

Nicotine addition is another example. For some, its grip is stronger than heroin. My grandmother was one such person. She only quit because there was no smoking in the (part of the) hospital for the first two weeks she was there with a heart attack. By that time, the craving was weakened to the point that she could handle it herself.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road