Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at age 79

Obituaries for folks in the entertainment world that have come to the end of the road.

Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at age 79

Postby radiofan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 am

Elizabeth Taylor Dies at age 79

Perhaps no movie star ever lived her life as publicly as Elizabeth Taylor, who died Wednesday morning at the age of 79. The news was first reported by ABC television.

Taylor is survived by her four children, 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

“She was surrounded by her children — Michael Wilding, Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton,” her publicist, Sally Morrison, said in a statement.

Full story/bio: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/mo ... of-79?bn=1
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at age 79

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

Death of Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Taylor dealt with various health problems over the years. In 2004 it was announced that she was suffering from congestive heart failure, and in 2009 she underwent cardiac surgery to replace a leaky valve. In February 2011 new symptoms related to congestive heart failure caused her to be admitted into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for treatment.

http://www.hollywoodmemoir.com/elizabeth-taylor+
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm

The closest I ever got to Elizabeth Taylor was locating her and Burton's one-time "love nest" in Puerto Vallarta back around 1991. This would have been a couple of years after she had sold Casa Kimberley (as it was known) and yes, as indicated in this attached article from last July, it was a bit difficult to find.
http://atrampabroad.com/the-decline-of- ... ta-mexico/
Of course, when I was there, everything was still intact structurally. Took a picture of my girlfriend in front of the door, took another of the pink bridge and that was about it.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby The Unknown Copywriter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm

If anyone here, like me, is mystified by most of what Hollywood tries to pass off as "entertainment" these days, find a copy of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", plunk yer arse down, and enjoy.
T.U.C.

"The present day composer refuses to die!"
Edgard Varese

"Kill ugly radio."
Frank Zappa
The Unknown Copywriter
Advanced Member

Return to The End Of The Road