Edmonton's 1st 5 Guys Opens Sunday

Re: Edmonton's 1st 5 Guys Opens Sunday

Postby drmusic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 pm

The two Harvey's locations inside Saskatchewan Home Depots are long gone (replaced in at least one case by Subway... yippee...) Those were the only Harvey's in the province. In fact, Cara's chains have regressed to a single Montana's in each of Regina and Saskatoon. Kelsey's and Swiss Chalet both closed up shop. (Rumours abound that Swiss Chalet is just waiting on a franchisee to return to Regina)
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Had some business in south Edmonton today so decided to give this 5 Guys a try. I'm hooked. A single burger would have been great, but hey, the double was doubly good. And the fries,
half a regular order would have been fine, but I did finish them.

Nice to see a place live up to the praise others have given it.

With a major reno here at the house, I can see several more combo Lowes / 5 Guys treks coming up.
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Couldn't get near the place at 12:53 pm this afternoon. There was still parking as it is shared with the other businesses in the same part of South Edmonton Common. But there wasn't a table to be had, and a good sized lineup to order.

From the attire of a sizable minority, it is already a favourite among the construction trades, mostly from the large amount of building currently going on at South Edmonton Common itself.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 pm

jon wrote:From the attire of a sizable minority, it is already a favourite among the construction trades, mostly from the large amount of building currently going on at South Edmonton Common itself.

Wow... I didn't know people still talked like that! (isn't a sizeable minority an oxymoron?) ;-)
BTW, I dress in jeans and boots and t-shirts a lot.... and the best construction I could do involves an allen wrench.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 pm

We're talking serious construction garb here. You know, those tawny coloured railway conductor outfits and construction boots meant for stepping a foot down into wet clay.

No hardhats though.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby isthisthingon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Get lives!
isthisthingon
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 am

You mean like working at Five Guys? :groovy:
jon