Marijuana in Canada?

Marijuana in Canada?

Postby bigbry » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:58 am

If Trudeau legalizes pot, some things will change… including our Anthem, well maybe. A friend and I put this together just for a laugh. Hope you like it and this proves what my wife has been telling me...I have way to much time on your hands.
Audio Version… https://soundcloud.com/offthelawn/o-cannabis-the-anthem

The Lyric Video… https://youtu.be/EJumPr8HYW4

CHEERS
Bry
bigbry
Advanced Member

Re: Marijuana in Canada?

Postby pave » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 am

Hi Bry.

I won't have to tell you that the legalisation of Numbah One Smoke was just another in a series of outright lies that Trudeau (The Shiny Pony) trotted out to, trick, amaze and otherwise gain the support of the credulous and gullible, fried or re-fried, regressive lefties.

He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has already recanted on that sparkling little teaser by admitting the process will take years - and years.

The wholly cynical and extremely manipulative Trudeau-mites were happy to exploit their uninformed base - and anyone else who watched the CBC as if it were an arms-length operation.

Meanwhile, I wait and watch as the economy "fixes itself". (Yes, He actually said that.)

I suspect a stand-up, yukmeister-guy would find a field of ripe crops in the disastrous behaviours and positions of this effete fop.

My appeal to Liberal MPs who also bought into the lies only to find themselves waking up in piles of crap is to: Cross the floor!

Meanwhile, please urge friends and neighbours to continue supporting their local dope dealers.

(It's still an honest living.) :glasses7:
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 am

I have to agree with Pave. The federal Libs have historically bamboozled Canadians successfully with promises during an election campaign and I am sure Justin learned from that. Remember Daddy Trudeau fought an election against Stanfield who said the country needed wage and price controls; Trudeau won a majority and a year later did an about face and introduced wage and price controls. Chretien won an election promising to get rid of the GST which never happened. You would think more political parties would learn from this.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:36 pm

MJ will never be legal. The Americans would hit the ceiling. Canada better find some source of funds - as we are in deep financial glue - at least MJ would add money to the Government coffers.
The Economy cannot fix itself. (*ridiculous)
If Trudeau keeps coming up with bafflegab, it is going to be a short honeymoon. (*actually I think it's already over).
The CAD is heading for .55 cent US.
Everything imported will cost more - just as jobs crater along with incomes. Not a pretty picture.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Marijuana will be legal in Canada in short order. It's already legal for recreational use in several US states including Washington with more to come. California pretty much has legal marijuana since getting a "medical" card involves visiting a "kush doctor" and telling them you have a bad back. Forty bucks and presto you're good to puff.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Unfortunately, tuned, we have all been hoodwinked.

Besides, fed-dope would be priced through the roof. (Keep those home-based grow-ops up and running.)

Med-dope, while utterly useful and expensive - would, in most cases, have the "buzz" removed.

Plus, legalisation will be dumped by the feds and become a provincial kinda-sorta-thingie. (My guess.)

Trudeau has already backed away and washed his hands completely of the matter. In Ottawa - it's over.

Meanwhile, now that the Syrians are being kicked around, abused and trifled with as a result of no Liberal planning of resources and services for even basic needs of these poor sods, those who were against such massive, interventions in their (the refugees) lives no longer have to deflect those idiotic charges of racism from the gullible lefties. These folks are going to need places to live, schools for themselves and their kids and some cash for scratch tickets.

There is no government compassion here - only cynical voter manipulation with the refugees as perfect pawns. And damned if it didn't work. Trudeau pulled it off like the first snake oil salesman ever to hit Buffalo Groin, Saskatchewan.

But, hey! It's early yet. With this crowd of incompetent ideologists in charge - including a supremely confident but air headed leader, things are guaranteed to get worse.

Strap in, kids. This thing could drop several thousand feet in mere seconds.

"Draft Steven Harper." Yes, seriously.
Thenkyewveramuch.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 pm

The least of Canada's problems right now are whether dope is legalized or not. I do blame Harper for not realizing his best buy date had expired and bow out gracefully a year ago. Best for the country would probably have been a Conservative minority with someone like McKay at the helm. Right now we can only cross our fingers and hope some of the Liberal party remnants from Chretien steer the kid in the right direction economically. Not holding my breath though.

Funny how he keeps on saying he wants to strengthen trade with the Chinese and one of the of the items on their wishlist is an oil pipeline to deliver oil to China. Ha-ha.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Coolcat wrote:Funny how he keeps on saying he wants to strengthen trade with the Chinese and one of the of the items on their wishlist is an oil pipeline to deliver oil to China. Ha-ha.

He must have read this article, as it shows more promise, to have a pipeline twinned with the subway, than any of the current plans for getting Canadian Oil to China.

Is China planning a high-speed rail line to Canada?
By Matthew Robinson
Vancouver Sun
May 22, 2014

A high-speed rail service could one day haul travellers from China to Canada, according to a pair of recent reports from Russian and Chinese state-funded news sites.

What seems like a flight of fancy — a rail line that stretches from Asia to North America via a tunnel under the Bering Strait — could be on solid footing, according to the reports by China Daily and RIA Novosti.

The line would start in northeast China, run through Siberia, dive under the Bering Strait, daylight again in Alaska and continue into North America, according to the reports.

The rail journey from one end of the 13,000 kilometre route to the other would take less than two days at a speed of 350 km/h, according to Wang Mengshu, a railway expert at the Chinese Academy of Engineering who was quoted by China Daily.

The distance from Russia to Alaska across the Bering Strait is around 80 kilometres, but the tunnel would be more than twice that length, at around 200 kilometres, the China Daily report states. That is about four-times the length of the Channel Tunnel, which connects England to France.

The cost for the tunnel alone could be as much as $35-billion and up to $2-trillion for the overall project, according to an estimate by Fyodor Soloview, the founder of InterBering LLC, an Alaskan company pushing for the project, who was quoted by RIA Novosti.

Apart from the massive cost of the project, the harsh northern climates through which the rails would be built, and the enormous length of the line, there is at least one more massive complication to the plan — political will.

Getting China, Russia, the U.S. and Canada to green light the plan could be an enormous task, should the idea ever move beyond talk.

The Bering Strait tunnel is not the only ambitious high-speed rail tunnel idea being pushed by China.

The country is touting its high-speed rail technology as “already in place” for a railway tunnel it wants between China’s Fujian province and Taiwan, according to China Daily. Those plans are still in the works according to the article.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics