Too Much New Canadian Music Being Recorded

Postby Glen Livingstone » Wed May 17, 2006 6:40 pm

I wasn't going to mention this; but it's really starting to get to me.

There's just too much new Canadian music being recorded.

It's everywhere - and it's impossible to ignore.

I'm in the process of drafting a letter to send to Graham Henderson, president of the Canadian Recording Industry Association proposing an immediate forty percent reduction in the amount of new Canadian music that his members are allowed to manufacture.

This growing crisis is being compounded by the huge number of Mexican guest workers sneaking across the U.S. border into Canada to record songs and attempting to pass them off as Cancon.

This must end.

These migrant workers are taking away Canadian recording star careers that would normally be filled by qualified Canadian musicians.

It's just not fair, and it's created a glut of new "Canadian" music.

As if this weren't enough, over the past two years, a lot of counterfeit Canadian music being manufactured in Chinese sweatshops by temporary workers has been flooding into our country.

A lot of this product has been sneaking onto Canadian radio airwaves; Chinese knock-off bands like the Bare-Naked Ladles, the Tragically Yip and Celine Udon are adding to the explosion in Cancon airplay.

Where will it all end?

For the sake of Canada and its people, and before the fabric of our nation is torn to timbits; I beg of you Graham Henderson - address this problem immediately and reduce the amount of Canadian music your members record by forty percent.

A grateful populace will thank you.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics