Wait, no rush, Wait - Hmmm late November

Wait, no rush, Wait - Hmmm late November

Postby hatchetking » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

Mid-to late-November (when notified):

Beginning three or four weeks later, everyone else who needs and wants the H1N1 vaccine will be recommended to receive it. Public notification will happen at this time so that everyone is aware the vaccine is available to them.

Again, those people normally recommended to receive the seasonal flu vaccine will be able to get both shots at this time.

Vancouver Sun - partial article talking to most of us

So my question - is their a rush, do you really need a vaccine :sad4: to stay healthy. What will you do...line up?
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Re: Wait, no rush, Wait - Hmmm late November

Postby jon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am

I got my seasonal flu shot a week ago Monday, and I'll be there again this coming Monday morning for the swine flu vaccine. For me, it's all about the Risks associated with the 'flu v.s. the shot.

This 'flu sounds pretty risky to me, given the following stats, keeping in mind that its spread is not in full swing yet:
"As of Friday, there were 139 confirmed hospitalized cases of pandemic H1N1 influenza [in Alberta].... The total number of deaths in Alberta related to swine flu remains at eight, with the last early last month." - Fort McMurray Today.

I'm not aware of anyone ever hospitalized, let alone dying, in Alberta from complications associated with the 'flu shot over the last couple of decades that it has been popular.

By the way, I'm not jumping the line. Everyone in Alberta is eligible for both 'flu shots for free whenever they have dosages to administer (they say they have 400,000 dosages available for Monday morning).

As for the main question about Need, our family saw a dramatic drop in both 'flu and cold outbreaks during the Winter 'flu and cold season beginning the year (mid-1990s) that we started getting 'flu shots. Personally, I do pay a small price for that protection: I feel tired and run down for several days following the shot, beginning about 6 hours after.

Everyone reacts differently, but it all works for me.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby hatchetking » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 am

listening to Ed Mason this a.m. and H1Ni available today in 'berta

some streeters finding that less than half interviewed want it

what is your choice? :)
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 am

Good post Jon.

I started getting flu shots about 3 years ago and haven't been sick with any flu since then.

The "I don't want a vaccine, its worse than the flu" crowd are welcome to get sick I guess ...

There is only one thing in your post I find troubling Jon ... that you seem to be overly concerned about "jumping the line" in getting your flu shot. Hell man, in fine capitalist pig exploiter of the downtrodden for my own selfish greed-driven style, I'd be beating other people back with a lead-weighted riot baton to get my vaccine before the fearful, huddled masses could use it all up. Oh, and just for fun, I'd crack a few of them across the kneecap just to watch them hop around on one foot screaming in pain, then give them the final disabling tap to the other knee ... LOL. Thereby assuring them of a disability pension and ultimately doing them a favour.

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm

hatchetking wrote:listening to Ed Mason this a.m. and H1Ni available today in 'berta

some streeters finding that less than half interviewed want it

what is your choice? :)

you're not fooling anyone. isn't the Internet great!
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hatchetking » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:
you're not fooling anyone!

who says I am? :D
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 pm

hatchetking wrote:
Howaboutthat wrote:
you're not fooling anyone!

who says I am? :D

Hey you kids cut it out. Next thing you know you'll be writing "I know you are but what am I" and think it's clever banter. Doofuses :| And pooch, you should know better :wink:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 am

:mousewalk said "And pooch, you should know better". Clearly, he doesn't know better. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. When he's 60 dog-years old and still not house trained, no amount of sticking his nose in it is going to help. Add that to ripping up the furniture and biting everyone in sight and the only humane thing to do is put him out his misery and finally end his mental anguish.

:cat2: Kat rules :!: Like most homes I've seen, you can have a feline or a canine, but not both. Kat is clearly the better investment as a RadioWest pet especially since she has proven that she poses no danger of extinction for rodents :mousewalk

Get rid of the dog (a rose is still a rose....) and don't let him back from the dead no matter what sheep's clothing he comes up with.

It was just so nice around here without him. The world is full of mindless banter :sign4: . This site had been a welcome refuge. Must we allow the pooch to destroy it by lifting his leg on all the trees :?: Before I found RadioWest, I liked dogs and had no use for cats. Now I know the meaning of the term "going to the dogs".
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby hatchetking » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 am

me thinks you doth protest to much

and there is no proof in your pudding

and other silly sayings that you will hang on every comma

now I have a question? - are their three stooges in here or two stooges, one kat and one :mousewalk

site needs a good job but I suspect Pluto is the top dog :sad3:
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:02 pm

hatchetking wrote:me thinks you doth protest to much

and there is no proof in your pudding

and other silly sayings that you will hang on every comma

now I have a question? - are their three stooges in here or two stooges, one kat and one :mousewalk

site needs a good job but I suspect Pluto is the top dog :sad3:

Not their three stooges....it's there three stooges...and no matter how you spell it, that's what I've been trying to find out. Who are these 3 stooges people. I think it was coined by Mr. knowitall, Mr. Beaver/Cleaver. But because he has everyone but himself blocked out as an enemy or something, we can never find out. I think at one point there were 5 stooges so that must include Curly Joe and Shemp, both of whom I never really cared for. Sorry that doesn't answer your question Hatchetface, but it might shed some light on the mystery and confusion that surrounds this old dog pound....woof.
:lol:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 pm

I think its pretty obvious that TD has returned against the wishes of the powers that be. Hatchetboy and he share the same spelling skills (or lack thereof) and nosiness about other people's business.

New thread topic: Hatchetking gets axed.

I predict it will get pretty quiet around his posts. I know I'm done with him.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hatchetking » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:33 pm

slight correct on my last line ( my edit function is not working for some raisen )

i was trying to say that the board has kats, mice, howzits and many other slow hands but the
real topdog is Pluto.

may he and mrs. P keep entertaining us with timely updates of this day in history and other great insights

is there a block function? i hope that is not necessary. :bom:
hatchetking
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics