Vandals Tip Over VANOC's Canada Pavilion Tent

Postby TransistorSister » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:48 am

A group of high-spirited vandals are believed to be responsible for the collapse of the Canada Pavilion tent at the corner of Georgia and Beatty streets in Vancouver early this morning.

The vandals removed the four wooden corner pegs anchoring the tent causing the 10 million dollar canvas structure to collapse.

The aluminum pole holding up the tent's peaked roof sustained serious damage.

Also destroyed were a kerosene stove, a wash bucket and ten Popeil Pocket Fisherman devices which were a part of one of the Pavilion's interactive displays intended to show visitors to the tent how Canadians forage for food.

"The stove and bucket can be easily replaced" said a spokesman for VANOC, "But the Pocket Fishermans are only available from an eBay seller in Wisconsin - somehow we'll have to make do without those."

VANOC was unable to give a time line to re-erect the tent or even to guarantee it would be back up in time for the start of the Olympics.

Although the area around the fallen tent was quickly roped off, a small crowd - mistakenly thinking that the event was part of the Opening Day Ceremonies - milled about waiting in vain for Canadian Songbird Celine Dion to take what was left of the stage.

Told that Dion would not be making an appearance, Floyd Wormwood - a tourist visiting from Maple Ridge replied, "Thas' alright. Could I grab me a handful of them free condoms anyways?"

The spokesman brushed off suggestions that the incident was terrorist-related but did say that VANOC was considering upping the threat level from 'Damn it all anyway' to 'Holy shit!'
TransistorSister
Advanced Member

Re: Vandals Tip Over VANOC's Canada Pavilion Tent

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:18 am

I must say, even though I fully support the Olympics (I bought some mittens), I'm really liking the sister's contributions! You go girl! :D
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 am

I fell over laughing.

Your wit is exceeded only by your wry sense of right and wrong.

Brilliant. :tail

I have a book deal for you.

LOL
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 pm

yeah, I am generally pro Olympics... I got my Rick Nash Team Canada hockey sweater! but you gotta laugh at some of the ineptitude of civic planners sometimes... or I guess cry.
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics