An open letter to RF

An open letter to RF

Postby mightymouth » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am

Dear Radiofan,
It has become almost impossible for me to continue to provide informed and entertaining postings on your board, after an intimidating attack by one of your members.
Following what was meant to be some constructive criticism in a recent post, I was viciously set upon.
If every time I have something to say is to be attacked by some out of control "meltdown" with of all things, movie quotes thrown in my face, and a demand to know who's behind the mouse's mask, then this mouse is going to have to step to the sidelines until a complete and sincere APOLOGY is offered by that member.
And he knows who he, or she, is.
Thank you for a wonderful time on the board. It truly is the best. It's been fun, so long. Gone, but not forgotten.
Mightymouth
:sad3:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Re: An open letter to RF

Postby tuned » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 am

:tail "viciously set upon" :tail "informed and entertaining postings" :tail if your posts are going to be as hilarious as this one please reconsider and stick around :tail
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 am

mightymouth wrote:I was viciously set upon...attacked by some out of control "meltdown" with of all things, movie quotes...:sad3:

"Cardinal Fang...fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!!!
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:49 am

Is this serious? or am I a lame brain that just doesn't get it. ( I like to keep the gate open )

Of all the possible offending parties - told Lee this privately - I thought Mighty Moth was
an older guy who attempts to see some humour when commenting - but sometimes falls into the trap of skewering people ad nauseum.

And I know how it feels when others can attack you because of who you are, where you live, how long you have been out of broadcasting etc - but you have no comeback to someone flying behind their cape.

This matter will sort itself out in time - one way or the other.

One suggestion to the old grumps on here is to visualize these mosquitoes as skiny teenagers in a training bra :oops: trying to get your goat - and you talk to them :alien: with the respect they deserve. Pfft. :wink:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm

I am not happy to see any of the bright posters leave because of the personal snipes.

I feel your pain, pal - I bailed a few times, because I got fed up with the slurs and shots.

Some of us have to keep a low profile because we STILL work in Radio - and I do, and don't want to be put into the position where we are dumping on fellow broadcasters and team mates.

This board is a labor of love for RF and it is a great place to talk over our beloved business.

I also have to cop a plea and say I have been snarky and taken shots too - but only in self defence.

So - my message - don't bail - stick around, because we need all the voices we can muster.

Take it easy troops, we still work in an industry we love, warts and all.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:39 pm

mightymouth wrote:Dear Radiofan,
It has become almost impossible for me to continue to provide informed and entertaining postings on your board, after an intimidating attack by one of your members.
Following what was meant to be some constructive criticism in a recent post, I was viciously set upon.
If every time I have something to say is to be attacked by some out of control "meltdown" with of all things, movie quotes thrown in my face, and a demand to know who's behind the mouse's mask, then this mouse is going to have to step to the sidelines until a complete and sincere APOLOGY is offered by that member.
Thank you for a wonderful time on the board. It truly is the best. It's been fun, so long. Gone, but not forgotten.
Mightymouth

Well, that is unfortunate. Help I've been hit by movie quotes. If RF, who I know and respect chooses to remove me from the board or tells me to tone things down, no problem with that., I actually know who I'm dealing with there, and respect his administration of the board and his judgment. I also don't need to be on here, would get over it pretty quick. As for entertaining and informed, mighty mouth,
that's all a matter of perspective. Clearly same could be said of my posts. Your message there does remind me of the "farewell to the troops speech" from Al Pacino to Ed Harris in Glengarry Glenross, oh sorry
forgot you don't dig that stuff. :wink: And yes, I do know who I am, (lol) but so do the others who happen to care or want to know on here, kinda what this was all about. I think you just hit the wrong player
from behind, doesn't mean you have to leave. That's as close as you're getting to an apology. lp
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Problems here always can be solved using the "Foes" designation.
I guess I can remove one of those names now.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby Firedog » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

An open letter to all RadioWest members: (bear with me on the rambling...)

My name is Larry. I am not part of the radio industry, as many of you are. I am a retired firefighter. I was part of a great team and brotherhood for 30 years. I can go to any city in the world and enjoy the camaraderie between myself and other firefighters.

I did, however, have two ears glued to the radio listening to the likes of Ross Mortimer, Del Erickson, Red Robinson, all the C-Fun Good Guys, CKLG's Roy Hennessy, Daryl B, J.B.Shayne, Jolly John, Bill Reiter and many others. Your radio personalities have sooooo many warm memories for listeners like me. In my teen years I recorded music from the radio. The records were my main focus but occasionally (I wish I knew then what an aircheck was) I would capture the DJ talking between records. I still have those r2r tapes after 50 years and many of those DJ clips can be heard on Jim Bower's Vancouver Top 40 Radio website. it is amazing to hear many of YOUR voices as they were is the 1960's and 1970's. You were all different but you were all individually great! Thanks for the memories.

Some of you are gone. Most of you are still here. I have had the great honour of meeting a few radio personalities from my younger years at Radiofan's get togethers. Whether you worked in Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal or Halifax, you are all part of the brotherhood of radio. You each contributed something good to radio.

I feel sad when I read some of the comments posted here. I admit that I don't understand the basis of most of them. Where have those warm radio people gone.

Radiofan HAS done a good job of building a place to share in, and enjoy the brotherhood of radio. Thanks to Radiofan, listeners like me are privileged to be allowed to share part of your unique world. Be proud of your brotherhood. Remain part of your brotherhood. Share your brotherhood on this wonderful site. As corny as it sounds...there is no "I" in the word "TEAM."

Thank you,

Larry.
We are running in, when everybody else is running out.
Firedog
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 am

mightymouth wrote:Dear Radiofan,
Mightymouth

MM, just a question, do you notice anyone other than the agitators being called out here? It's not a problem when people post anonymously and do it
with respect ,and don't exploit the advantage. That's all this is about. You aren't the worst offender and for that I feel a bit bad. I do have to laugh, are the identities of you guys really that precious, kinda doubt it. It is like talking to the wind through the trees or a shadow sometimes. I do plan to release a horror picture entitled "attack of the movie quotes". I also plan to stop poking at Jon, he deserves better,
though I can't for the life of me figure where he finds the time for some of the stuff he delves into. I leave you with another quote, from Gettsyburg, Marty Sheen as General Lee to General Stuart; "let us speak
no more of this."
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby DirkSteele » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 am

This is hilarious.

I always get a chuckle out of the proclamations of "having" to leave a board. I don't understand why people think that 40 virgins wait for them because of taking a high road on a message board. I also don't get why someone would think that blessing a message board with their opinion is a favor and privilege for the board owner.

Treat anonymous insults or rants or opinions with the same value as someone yelling "you suck" out a car window. If you give no value to the person because of anonymity, that they used to be in radio, or whatever.....then you'll give no value to the opinion. Just don't write the handler of the zoo a whining letter complaining about a monkey that tossed poop at you when you walked by. It is after all just a monkey.

A message board shouldn't make you think that much about anything. Save that for real world conversation.
DirkSteele
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 am

<<Stands up>>
<<Applauds>>

What Dirk said! I've been waiting for someone to state the obvious. The Syksian flounce that started this thread was a classic - but really people.

I don't understand why people think that 40 virgins wait for them because of taking a high road on a message board.

Seriously Dirk a 9.8 for the above!

I'm also constantly amazing by the threats of libel and slander when one avatar or nickname makes fun of another nickname - "Judge, I'm suing "Myballzitch" because he damaged the reputation of my avatar, "EarnestlyFrank", when he or she (I don't know) said that I, or rather my avatar was inbred."
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 am

[quote="Cliff Bashly Kinkade"]<<Stands up>>
<<Applauds>>

What Dirk said! I've been waiting for someone to state the obvious. The Syksian flounce that started this thread was a classic - but really people. End of quote>

CBK......if I may humbly ask....Syksian flounce? Surely you mean Sykesian...at least spell my name correctly. :bom:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 am

Sorry JS - I shoulda caught that one.

It is of course a Sykesian flounce.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics