Strange Story - One of the weird ones

Strange Story - One of the weird ones

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 am

I saw this - in the Van Sun this morning and its beyond belief. A resturant serves kids booze illegally and than asked to apologize. Is this not weird. Should they not be closed down?. Someone serve some time behind bars?. Apologize...how Canadian.?

"The Aldergrove Yummy House restaurant has been ordered to make a personal apology to a school for serving liquor to its students, according to an RCMP news release.

When police, community safety officers and a BC Liquor Board inspector went to the Chinese food restaurant in February to investigate allegations of illegal liquor sales, they found a stash of booze hidden in a cooler, RCMP Const. Holly Marks said.

They noted some major health and licensing concerns at the restaurant as well as the alcohol.

On March 10, a liquor control adjudication found Yummy House was operating illegally under the Alder Inn's food primary liquor licence, Marks said. The two restaurants share the same address at 27214 Fraser Hwy. in Aldergrove.

As a result, the Alder Inn has had its food primary liquor licence suspended for 10 days, and the Yummy House must apologize to the school."

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Strange Story - One of the weird ones

Postby yee-haw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 pm

I would have loved a place like that when I went to school :shock: I'm talking perfect attendence :lol:
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I lived a few blocks away from the Alder Inn for about 15 years and can honestly say that some of the bars on East Hastings in Vancouver put that dump to shame.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Why weren't they charged? My guess is that it would have been seen as racial discrimination.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics