Trigger needs a new home.

Trigger needs a new home.

Postby hagopian » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 pm

NEW YORK (AP) - An upcoming New York City auction will feature the belongings of movie cowboy Roy Rogers - including the preserved remains of his famous horse, Trigger.
Christie's in Manhattan held a preview Friday for next week's auction. The items are from the now-closed Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum in Branson, Mo.
Rogers had his faithful companion preserved with taxidermy in 1965. The presale estimate for the dead horse is $100,000 to $200,000.
The auction also will offer another kind of horsepower - Rogers' 1964 Bonneville convertible, adorned with collectible silver dollars. It's estimated at $100,000 to $150,000.
Hand-drawn music for the theme song "Happy Trails" has a presale estimate of $300 to $500.
---
hagopian
Advanced Member

Re: Trigger needs a new home.

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 pm

When I was a kid, and heard that Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had a lot of adopted children, I soooo wanted to be adopted by them!

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 am

I took my dad to see the stuffed Trigger behind glass, and his dog Bullet, at the Roy Rogers Museum about 6 or 7 years ago. At that time it was about 90 minutes east of Los Angeles. Wonder when they moved to Branson?
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

The Realness of Roy?

Postby BossRadio » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Poor Trigger..but nice to hear that you and your Dad got to enjoy it together.

As a kid, Imy Dad gifed me with a chocolate brown (Melmac?) plastic "Viewmaster. Probably one of my most "viewed" picture discs were 1950s technicolor episodes of "The Adventures of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans", featuring Trigger,Bullet,and Roys sidekick Pat Hingle,whom I presume was never stuffed and/or displayed in Branson or California.

br
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Re: The Realness of Roy?

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 pm

BossRadio wrote:Poor Trigger..but nice to hear that you and your Dad got to enjoy it together.

As a kid, Imy Dad gifed me with a chocolate brown (Melmac?) plastic "Viewmaster. Probably one of my most "viewed" picture discs were 1950s technicolor episodes of "The Adventures of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans", featuring Trigger,Bullet,and Roys sidekick Pat Hingle,whom I presume was never stuffed and/or displayed in Branson or California.

br

I thought it was Roy Rogers & Gabby Hayes as his sidekick??
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby BossRadio » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:39 pm

:oops: I stand corrected. Pat Hingle? Nope. Pat Brady. I should have clarifed: abridged episodes of his TV show on disc.

There was however a very cool (to a six year old) jeep, named Nellie-Belle.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Sibling ... belle.html

and (scroll to the bottom, Pat Brady fans).

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Toys/Ne ... eToys.html
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Postby jon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:45 am

Sadly, it would appear that a complete DVD set of the Roy Rogers TV shows has yet to hit the market.

I've been amazed lately to see just how cheap some of these have become. DeepDiscount.com recently had the complete "Wanted: Dead or Alive" series with Steve McQueen for $11.98 with free delivery to the U.S. I've also picked up the complete British 1950s Sherlock Holmes and Robin Hood TV series for about the same price.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:59 am

If you think of Roy Rogers, the sidekicks he had were many: Dale Evans, Pat Brady, Smiley Burnette, Andy Devine, Chico Rodriguez, Pinky Lee, and Gabby Hayes.

If you think of Gene Autry: Pat Buttram and Smiley Burnette.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/wes ... z0tTb4rrxn
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics