Telus

Telus

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 am

Update on terrible service of Telus - the Truth/Reconciliation department is offering free internet and a cheap telephone rate ($22) for 1 year to hold me as a customer. Does any of this make any sense.

Recently on FB and maybe here - I complained about how hard it is to reach Telus. Today was a bit better and the company has offered an unbeatable deal for a year - see above. I hope you all get this rate when you complain. About a year ago my bill was more than 100 dollars.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Telus

Postby jon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 am

Those of us who don't use TELUS for land-line, Internet or TV have received two offers over the last few months, both offering TELUS TV, Internet, and TELUS "home phone" for $10 each, each month for the next year. And this is the new Optik service, which uses fibre optics through most or all of the way to your premises. It comes with a digital TV box that provides HD (which is their bottom of the line digital box offering).

On the other hand, if you are a TELUS customer for ANY of these three, you get a much more expensive offer for the same services. For whatever reason, being a TELUS Mobility customer (or not) does not seem to have any impact.

Offer Code is PSC30. Phone number is 1-800-661-2200. You only have to buy 2 of the services to get the $10 deal.

I'm even questioning my continued use of TELUS Mobility after trying to get connected with a new phone. Bought from Best Buy, I tried to:
  1. activate it on-line, but I kept getting a message that the serial number was invalid
  2. using the phone, I was forced to try to activate it by typing in the 18 or so digits on my keypad, getting no error message, just getting thrown back to the beginning of the process
  3. I finally figured out what to say to get a real person and spent 20-25 minutes talking to a lady in Manila who went away for about 5 minutes several times to get help, but could not get the number to work either, and was not allowed to enter it herself. She told me I had to go to a TELUS retail outlet and get them to fix it, as they have to see the phone for themselves
  4. checked the TELUS web site and the phone book, and TELUS Mobility has no customer presence in Edmonton
  5. phoned Best Buy and they said they don't handle Pre-Paid TELUS service themselves
  6. phoned a cell phone store that sells TELUS, mainly for business, and talked to a guy who sounded like the owner who said he could take care of it if I brought the phone in
  7. arrived at 9 a.m. at the store which was staffed by two bimbos who basically ushered me out of the store, saying they can't activate a phone unless it is in the TELUS database
  8. returned the phone to Best Buy where they were amazed that the phone wasn't in the TELUS database

Compare that to an experience a week earlier when I was in and out of a Rogers Plus store in 10-15 minutes, despite being served by a brand new customer rep., with a working phone that already had the welcome text message received from Rogers. And my TELUS Mobility phone number transferred over within a few hours.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Non Radio Related Topics