PSR to start charging 'user fee' at midnight!

Re: PSR to start charging 'user fee' at midnight!

Postby crs » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 am

I was going to AIR MAIL my cheque, but PSR rejected that notion outright coz of the chemtrails eminating out of the Fedex jet!
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 am

OK, I was wrong on this one. I wake up this morning to a "this forum is in maintenance mode" message on PSR with this cheery note in a box below:
"Friday Morning on PSR's live-streaming with Mike Easton. For current updates, listen to our Live-Streaming radio station. Click on Speaker top left corner or the right speaker for Mobile, iPhone, BB"

I just love the logic of this whole thing. The Internet radio station is what costs the money, at least in comparison to the costs of the discussion forum, so the choice is made to charge for the discussion forum and leave the Internet radio station free.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby radioactivity » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:41 am

So we're being asked to fund Michael's radio hobby? And to pay for re-posts of Right-wing blather from Newswithviews.com and that windbag Alex Tsumsuisuksisis? And if you dare question anything, you're given the boot? Priceless.
radioactivity

Postby Steve Sanderson » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:59 am

I predict.....
More new members at RadioWest.ca.
:victory:

I see PSR is now back on the air......
Kind of sounds like a skit off of SCTV.
:D
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am

Yes, PSR is back ... and the operator is back to banning people again.

And if you're like me -- and need a daily fix of merriment, just Google "Free Anonymous proxy Server" and you're past the Berlin wall in no time.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby Buckley » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am

I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but posted an hour ago (as of this posting):

http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1287162048/

That didn't take long for him to cave did it? Realistically though, who's going to pay to use a message board when ANYONE can start one for free? Especially one that doesn't seem to offer anything exclusive or of any real importance to the industry.
Buckley
Advanced Member

Postby Victoriaradio » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 pm

radioactivity wrote:So we're being asked to fund Michael's radio hobby? And to pay for re-posts of Right-wing blather from Newswithviews.com and that windbag Alex Tsumsuisuksisis? And if you dare question anything, you're given the boot? Priceless.

............and in my case booted and threatened with a call from a lawyer for quoting from an email from the owner of a site.
Victoriaradio
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Buckley wrote:I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but posted an hour ago (as of this posting):

http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1287162048/

That didn't take long for him to cave did it? Realistically though, who's going to pay to use a message board when ANYONE can start one for free? Especially one that doesn't seem to offer anything exclusive or of any real importance to the industry.

I guess I was right after all (about the boy who cried wolf) though perhaps off by a few hours. With a new twist to the old story, where the little boy dresses up as a wolf for a few hours, to fulfill his prophecy.

For those who haven't read the post, my interpretation of it is: "At PSR, we may be old, stubborn and hard of hearing. But we aren't deaf to the feelings of our viewers!"
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby mediamixer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

The sad thing is a couple saps probably paid the fee because of that BS threat and now he's scammed maybe $100 off people for no reason. The way that board is run is completely unethical. At least a dozen of the usernames posting stuff on his board have to be all him talking to himself.
mediamixer

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

I have generated over a thousand dollars in advertising in one month with http://www.oliverdailynews.com

Now that is out of the bag I have to say thanks to both gord lansdell and radiofan for cross promotions for bcradiohistory.com which remains ad free.

For the record most of the money I have received goes to an editor/salesperson/janitor who does most of the work
on my newsblog and I get to turn on the lights at the office in the morning.

Not only do you have to prove there is a lot of interest in your site - it has be addictive and compelling. In my case - the town has never had competent and colourful daily news and info content - ever. In a local context my blog has really been successful using facebook and other tools to drive an audience there.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 am

I finally got my arse toasted for insisting that Glen Beck was a stone-cold nut-bar. That I also wasn't right with Jesuz might have been a contributing factor, as well.

My Pro Aviator buddy out of the 'Peg got his plug yanked for abusing the chem-trail crowd. So, it seems we're all in pretty good company.

And now, they want money for that drivel....? It is to gasp.
pave
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Non Radio Related Topics