Blue, Red or Orangy-Pink

Blue, Red or Orangy-Pink

Postby pave » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Even though Smackwater Jack has been outed as a purveyor of a Parlour of the Happy Hands, the NDP have somehow hit a vein of ignorance and cynicism that may change the course of this country irrevocably.

Having spent half my life in a clear, blue sea (Alberta), I now find myself in a pool of uniquely Torontonian self-absorbtion and intolerance at one depth and an attitude of "What's in it for me?" at another. At even greater depths - indifference with a wish for a pox on all of them.

I'm jotting this post late Friday and admit to some trepidation for the future of Canada. This, at a time when we are poised to build a country that is self-sustaining and on the verge of potential prosperity.

At this particular time, I believe there is nothing of greater importance than the care and feeding of a fiscally-conservative economic approach. In other words: the process in which The Conservative Party has been engaged until the cynically-motivated and calculated dissolution of Parliament.

My hope for Monday is that traditional Liberal supporters who would rather step on a poisonous snake than see Smilin' Jack take over the driver's seat with an unlimited chequbook will instead - take a few, small steps a little to the Right and retain some sanity for the country.

Asking NDP-supporters to "snap out of it" is, I already understand, asking for too much of a leap. They still figure there's a Free Lunch out here. Any meals, after this nightmare scenario, will be paid for by me - whether I like the menu or not. :canflag1:
pave
Advanced Member

Re: Blue, Red or Orangy-Pink

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:16 am

As they would say from the backbenches .... "Hear, hear!"

I'm thinking of printing some bumper stickers ..... "Layton lied - sperm cells died" or maybe "Jack came - career went" ... howzabout "E. Jack Laytor."

This is one of the funniest events in Candian politics....... it even exceeds John Crosby and Sheila Copps interactions.
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 am

After reading the two above postings it's no wonder that 62% of the electorate in Canada (according to yesterday's polls) are so "anti-Harper". Can't you guys find an audience somewhere else? After all, this is supposed to be a radio board.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:12 am

In classic fashion, Dan makes my point for me.

Please note: this is posted under "Non Radio Related Topics".
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am

What point might that be? Guess I'm missing something here.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 am

Guess I'm missing something here.

Few would disagree.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:26 am

Sorry, I still don't follow you. Guess I'm just one of those 62% of the voters who can sense the disaster about to unfold if Harper & his crew try to impose their ass-backward beliefs on the nation. A majority government with 38% of the vote is hardly a mandate to set this country back 50 years.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 pm

An important point for all those dumping on Jack Layton, the civil servants run this country... if Jack wants something, he needs to have them behind him, same applies to the Bank of Canada, and other institutions. I think it would a good chuckle if Harper was tossed like Mulroney...
PMC

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 pm

..."this has been a paid political announcment, paid political announcment, paid political annou...paid politic...pai..." (oops sorry I'll fix that) :groovy:
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:49 pm

...damn! S'pose I gotta note this on the Traffic Log too!!
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 pm

skyvalleyradio wrote:..."this has been a paid political announcment, paid political announcment, paid political annou...paid politic...pai..." (oops sorry I'll fix that) :groovy:

I was watching CBC news on this. Pulling a police report from 1996, that was used to try and discredit Layton is dirty politics, when there is nothing to the report. I am happy the Toronto police are going to get the OPP to look into the police notes being delivered to the Sun Media Network... which everyone calls Fox News North, and has proven correct in the labeling.

The Toronto Star is now behind Layton, and that is a change from backing the Liberals. If anyone knows the pulse in Toronto, that paper does.
PMC

Postby pave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 pm

The source of the Smackwater Jack-story has been alleged as a mole within the city cops. (Imagine having that grenade tucked away... for years!)

Meanwhile and based on some general positions being offered, my suspicion is being reinforced that some guys can't see beyond their own honourable member -- especially while they're holding on to it.

Gawd, but I love political discussion. :)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:16 pm

pave wrote:The source of the Smackwater Jack-story has been alleged as a mole within the city cops. (Imagine having that grenade tucked away... for years!)

Meanwhile and based on some general positions being offered, my suspicion is being reinforced that some guys can't see beyond their own honourable member -- especially while they're holding on to it.

The grenade that you reference is going to blow up in the senders hand when the OPP identify the person. I can guess who it is, but I could be wrong, so I won't say here. My guess is based on details that I know from being a news person.

As a news guy, I never showed a preference for any politcal party. I am not a news guy any more, and can now be critical of the circus that has existed in Ottawa. The NDP is promoting change, and there certainly needs to be that.

I live in an area where air force exists. If you ask members what they believe the air force needs, it is not jets. Buying jets that uncle sam wants this country to buy, really is pissing money away...and billions at that.... I also disagree with the existing Canadian fighter jets being used in Lybia... this country does not thrive on warfare like the u.s. does or what their cia does. This country has always been promoting peace and goodwill. I am former member of the military, and have done United Nations peacekeeping work. Where did all that disappear to...

There are few real conservatives in government, they are reformers that claim to be conservative, and most if not all, get their orders from the American Conservative party. Look at what is being pushed for the copyright issue, and it originally was a copy of what exists in the u.s... see Michael Geist's site http://www.michaelgeist.ca/ for what is being pushed as reasonable. I believe in copyright, but I don't want to see a police state for it.

We don't need more jails, we need social responsibly, that comes with good education. The u.s. has more people in jail on a per capita basis than any other country in the world... that exists because they promote crime and violence. They make heros out of criminals, because they do anything to make a buck. I don't want to live in the u.s. I want to live in a country that promotes global peace and good government.

If you look in the past, prime ministers and ministers have gone off to Asia and other countries to promote Canada and Canadian products. I haven't seen any of this from Harper or his ministers. The market is not in the u.s. it is in India and China.

It is time for a change of government policy, and it happens on Monday.
PMC

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:55 pm

PMC wrote:....It is time for a change of government policy, and it happens on Monday.

With a Conservative majority??
;-)
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Steve Sanderson wrote:
PMC wrote:....It is time for a change of government policy, and it happens on Monday.

With a Conservative majority??
;-)

If you watch the tv news, it says otherwise. :headbang:
PMC

Next

Return to Non Radio Related Topics