Raining Cats and Dogs

Raining Cats and Dogs

Postby jon » Tue May 17, 2011 9:10 am

I'm sure that this piece made it to a lot of radio morning shows this morning. Not sure whether they would have titled it "Raining Cats and Dogs in Victoria" or "Doggies from Heaven", but I'm sure it caught the eye of a lot of folks in the this morning's Metro. Ironically, I saw it as a link on edmontonjournal.com, but they did not have the story themselves.

Pooch falls from sky after being snatched up by bird
May 16, 2011 Matt Kieltyka
Metro

It wasn’t quite raining cats and dogs in Sechelt earlier this month, but B.C. SPCA say it’s a miracle a dog is alive after being “dropped from the sky.”

May, a six-year-old toy poodle, is being treated for painful gouges on her back and multiple broken ribs after being picked up by a large bird of prey and dropped from an unknown height.

Residents of the Shorncliff Nursing Home were shocked to see the dog fall from the sky and crash to the ground.

Nurses at the care facility assisted the dog until the B.C. SPCA arrived.

The SPCA says the dog had obviously been on its own and unattended for a while before being snatched by the bird.

Its teeth were badly decayed and its nails were so long they had grown into her paws.

“It’s ironic, but this bird may have saved her life,” SPCA Sunshine Coast branch manager Shannon Broderick.

May had no ID on her and attempts to find her possible owner have failed.

The branch is now trying to raise $4,000 to cover for two dental surgeries and other medical costs.

“It’s an absolute miracle that she survived and we want to do everything we can to help her,” said Broderick.

May is recovering in the care of the SPCA before she undergoes surgery.

ref. - http://mobile.metronews.ca/toronto/cana ... up-by-bird
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Raining Cats and Dogs

Postby kat » Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 am

Maybe it was another dog, snatched up by an eagle as he was on his way to pick up some Chinese food.

:cat2:
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Re: Raining Cats and Dogs

Postby PMC » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

This piece was on television news over the weekend here... can't remember if it was CBC or Global that ran it first on Saturday morning. A turkey hawk could have picked it up... there are plenty of them and perhaps a change of menu...I am sure they get tired of eating seagulls :)
PMC

Return to Non Radio Related Topics