BC Government Waste

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

BC Government Waste

Postby kat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

OK, maybe I'm not the perfect British Columbian on this B.C. Day holiday. We do spend our summers at our Lake Samish getaway in Washington State. It's close to home, but it feels like it's a whole different
world. We had some friends down this weekend for a BBQ and somehow got talking about the ways the Government of BC wastes taxpayers dollars.

Was there any real reason for the expenditure of hundreds of thousands of dollars in TV time during the Stanley Cup playoffs for BC Parks 100th Anniversary when the Parks Service is crippled because of
budget cuts and cutbacks by the Liberal government? Would that money not have been better spent on Park Rangers? Or vehicles for the Park Rangers? How about toilet paper for the outhouses?

How much does BC Ferries pay for their advertising at Rogers Arena during hockey games? I'm sure the logo on the scoreboard isn't free, nor are the ads on the boards. I'm sure Mr Hahn and company also
have a suite that we pay for. Last time I checked, there wasn't any competition for BC Ferries, so why the big expense of advertising? Maybe that money could better be used to keep fares down.

This morning I hear that some group or some ministry is now going to be handing out free crack pipes to crackheads on the downtown eastside. WTF? Since when did they legalize crack?

And then of course the $130,000.00 a year for Pamela Martin to scour Holt Renfrew ads for Christy.

Where will it all end?
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Re: BC Government Waste

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

kat wrote:for Pamela Martin to scour Holt Renfrew ads for Christy. Where will it all end?

got a chuckle out this one kitty! :lol:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Me thinks Kat needs a bit more time at the lake to relax.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby BossRadio » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Kats don't dig water..or haven't you heard? ;-)
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Return to The Bitchin' Post