Occupy Freeloaders

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Re: Occupy Freeloaders

Postby jawbone » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Ah yes, the knee-jerk reaction.
Seriously, are things in your life REALLY that bad as far as the world goes.
Of course things aren't perfect, they never will be. I believe you have mentioned before that you live in the States. OK , I can see why you might have a 'darker' outlook than those of us north of the border, but do you really think we would be better off in a world run by those who call themselves Kiki and Rainbow?
( and I realize the irony of my handle), but I'm not impeding traffic, ignoring safety requests and forcing parade routes and tree lighting ceremonies to move while I squat on taxpayer-funded/serviced land. (note to squatters: the Salish Indian band you keep referring to, doesn't pay for the maintenance of the lawn outside the Art Gallery)
These layabouts have so many of their facts wrong.
They have more committee meetings than the Canadian government. It's no wonder they have no idea what they want that can ACTUALLY be done!
The mayor of Vancouver needs to grow a pair and support the city's first responders.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

jawbone wrote:Seriously, are things in your life REALLY that bad as far as the world goes.

In the world scope, I am humbly aware that being born in this hemisphere would be like winning the lottery to those living on a distant side of the globe. Make no mistake about my attitude, I am grateful, but still disappointed with how those with the power to lead and make a difference have handled the tasks with which they've been charged.
jawbone wrote: I believe you have mentioned before that you live in the States. OK , I can see why you might have a 'darker' outlook than those of us north of the border.

Without a doubt, times are tougher here than where you are. (median Seattle home values came in at a new low last month of 320,000; compared to close to or at 1 million in Vancouver?.. Wow!) Even still, Washington's economy is the envy of many other US states trying to survive a poverty and unemployment level that is considerably higher than which is being reported.
jawbone wrote:..do you really think we would be better off in a world run by those who call themselves Kiki and Rainbow?

Nope, it's difficult to see the merits of a cause when the messengers look like fools; same goes for a number of the screwier brand of conservative factions that have risen to influence here. Beware of anything that smells similar should it come to your town.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:Nope, it's difficult to see the merits of a cause when the messengers look like fools; same goes for a number of the screwier brand of conservative factions that have risen to influence here. Beware of anything that smells similar should it come to your town.

Good discussion! The closest thing we have to right wing screwballs here is Sun TV, and judging from the dismal ratings, there's not much to be concerned about.
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:55 pm

We do indeed live in one of the best, if not theee best part of this little blue spaceship earth - we are truly blessed with natural resources and over all wealth well beyond tha majority of the world.
An example of the other extreme is Zimbabwe - one of the poorest countries in the world -with something like 95 percent unemployment, and the vast majority of their black population infected with AIDS, as well as a government that is totally corrupt.
Relief agencies have a very hard time bringing material help into that country. I know of one small group that brings seeds, medicines, some educational materials, and US dollars in to that country to assist local groups to provide the very basics for the poorest of the poor. There is always a threat of having to pay bribes -sorry, Import duty - in the thousands of dollars to get the goods into that country.
Here it seems that political parties of what ever stripe on either side of the border. (left, right , center, or extreme Left or right ) are only concerned with obtaining than keeping the power they gain at any cost.
So though the system we live under isn't perfect, every thing else is so much worse. i guess we count our blessings....where ever they come from.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 pm

A similar subject....here in Abbotsford, there's been a guy sitting on his ass in the middle of an intersection for months...unless its raining of course. He is sitting down on the island between traffic...holding up a sign...begging for money...saying he's homeless and needs food. I stopped and suggested he get a ride to the food bank and then to the local Salvation Army for a bed. He told me to fu** off. I said...sorry, thought I'd help you...and have a good day eh, more or less.
As I said, he's been at this location, for months.....obviously some dolts are giving him enough that he doesn't need to work.

How can all these tenters at the Art Gallery be there, day after day, and not look for a job. They don't want a job...because that would screw up their life of protesting.

Turn on the hoses at midnight.....and as another said rightly so....blast them with Justin Bieber music from 1am to 7am each and every night....and if that doesn't work....make it Brittany Spears....that should move them out.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Karen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:15 pm

It was really sad to hear of of the Occupants almost died from an overdose yesterday. Why wasn't the idiot junkie down at the tax payer funded safe injection site?

Let's hope the medics won't be so quick to get to the next one.

Did I hear something on the news this afternoon about some dope from CUPE handing this pack of clowns a cheque for $5,000.00 from one of the CUPE locals?

Pretty sick f'cking world when a trade union hands over 5k of working members money to a bunch of rebels that will never know an honest days work in their existance.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 pm

If I were a union member, I'd be calling for someone's head in my local. Absolute crap....put that in your pipe and smoke it Adrian Dix.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Karen wrote:It was really sad to hear of of the Occupants almost died from an overdose yesterday. Why wasn't the idiot junkie down at the tax payer funded safe injection site?

Let's hope the medics won't be so quick to get to the next one.

Did I hear something on the news this afternoon about some dope from CUPE handing this pack of clowns a cheque for $5,000.00 from one of the CUPE locals?

Pretty sick f'cking world when a trade union hands over 5k of working members money to a bunch of rebels that will never know an honest days work in their existance.

IF this is true, the union and those who made this stupid decision, should be charged with contributing to the use of illegal drugs. It's bad enough people are bringing food to these slackers - there is no incentive for them to leave. Bring on the cold rain and snow!
I wait now for the dedicated lefties on this board to condone the union's move.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 pm

If I lived in Vancouver, I'd be out knocking on doors urging people to vote for Suzanne Anton. If Gregor Greenjeans gets re-elected, he'll probably plant grass and shrubs around the square for these lawbreaking hooligans. I'm praying for a very cold, snowy winter in the downtown core of Vancouver. Maybe a good strain of the flu or TB will rid the city of this trash.

Enough is enough already. We've heard your message. Go home like good little kiddies. I'm sure Mom and Dad really miss you and they are worried sick that you might not come back.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm

Ah yes, the knee-jerk reaction.
Seriously, are things in your life REALLY that bad as far as the world goes.
Of course things aren't perfect, they never will be. I believe you have mentioned before that you live in the States. OK , I can see why you might have a 'darker' outlook than those of us north of the border, but do you really think we would be better off in a world run by those who call themselves Kiki and Rainbow?

That's one thing I know I wouldn't want, to have the world run by a bunch of twenty-something idealistic-yet-naive hippie wannabes, the likes of which are currently fouling up public spaces in Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo and elsewhere in order to support their convoluted "Occupy" movement. What do you think the over/under odds are on when local police forces eventually start forcing the squatting leeches to pack up their garbage and go get haircuts and real jobs?
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Dear Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson..

Someone has now died at Occupy Vancouver. Is NOW the time to start listening to your First Responders and send these people packing instead of playing the political card?

Shame on you!!
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Does anyone see this"Occupy" thing lasting as long as the "Vancouver Yippies" tent city protest of 40 years ago against the city's Four Seasons Hotel development plans for the entrance to Stanley Park at Denman and Georgia?

That one lasted for more than a year... and it did achieve its goal. That same land is now a public park and not a major hotel site... because of that year long "camp-in".
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:12 pm

J Kendrick wrote:Does anyone see this"Occupy" thing lasting as long as the "Vancouver Yippies" tent city protest of 40 years ago against the city's Four Seasons Hotel development plans for the entrance to Stanley Park at Denman and Georgia?

That one lasted for more than a year... and it did achieve its goal. That same land is now a public park and not a major hotel site... because of that year long "camp-in".

In a nutshell, No it won't last that long.
At that time the 'yippies' had a specific beef about a specific topic, and it was local.
The Occupy numbskulls probably couldn't find Stanley Park, or they'd have to take a vote about which way to get there.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:19 pm

So now I read that the city is going to ask the courts for an injunction to end this illegal campout and mayor numb-nuts says he wants the site cleared 'peacefully'.
A few things come to mind...
Why does the city need a court order to end an illegal activity?
Does anyone really think the freeloaders will obey the injunction? (After they refuse, the city will have to go back to the courts and ask for an enforcement order)
The goofball mayor should be on-site when the police move in and tell the squatters not to resist and go peacefully.

This is going to get ugly.

(did anyone else find it ironic that DOA was playing at Freeload Central when that woman died yesterday?)
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Doesn't anyone else think its all in the timing....Robertson knows how long it will take to go through the court system...by then, he hopes he's re-elected and then hell will break loose. Some mayor Vancouver has!

If he'd had the guts, this would have ended within 24 hours of it beginning. Instead, someone dies on scene instead of the Downtown east side.I wonder if the needle was from the clean site or elsewhere. What I don't understand is, why are young people being suckered into drug use....never mind pot use or even cigarette use. Can't they see what's going on around them? And please don't bring up alcohol...last time I heard, it was totally legal....and some of us do know to drink in moderation.....
johnsykes
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Bitchin' Post