Occupy Freeloaders

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Re: Occupy Freeloaders

Postby hagopian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Mr. Sykes - the impact of LEGAL alcohol kills, maims, and drives more people insane - than any other LETHAL substance.

BOOZE = DEATH.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 pm

hagopian wrote:Mr. Sykes - the impact of LEGAL alcohol kills, maims, and drives more people insane - than any other LETHAL substance.

BOOZE = DEATH.

As Sykes said... 'some of us do how how to drink in moderation'. I would add that for the MAJORITY of people Booze does NOT equal death.
Talk about melodramatic. (we all know that you've had issues, but please, don't drag everyone into it) :occasion5:
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I am sorry - but - we beg to differ.

Or is it not allowed to speak about the worst drug scourge in the world?

Cheers!
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:41 pm

What bugs me more than anything.....the number of kids smoking legal cigs knowing what could happen down the road. I quit cold turkey eight years ago this coming Dec. 31. Had I not done that, I would have been six feet under. No, I don't complain about those who still smoke or begin to.....I'm just surprised by the numbers....although some say those numbers are dwindling. It's still legal to smoke "normal" cigarettes, so I don't object to the others' choosing....but it does cost us a hell of a lot of money through the health system.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Annnnd... back to the topic.

Interesting how the 'occupy' protestors are now talking about 'free speech' when it comes to their squatting. I wonder if they remember why they began the illegal camp-in 2 weeks ago.
Move in in the middle of the night and clear 'em out, or blast Bieber music 24 hours a day.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Hagopian....I don't think we have differed in the past, but may have slightly now.....no I don't suggest you don't have a right to say your piece.....but let me give you this story from yesterday...

I went into the BC Liquor store (I'm a former employee) in Clearbrook (Abbotsford). A guy behind me was totally peed out of his mind....I could smell his breath from 10 feet. I told the cashier....reaction....zip, nada, nothing. She sold him the 20 of gin and off he went....to his bloody car and drove away. SHI*, I didn't have my cellphone. If that is what kind of reaction we get from a $20 plus per hour union employee who is supposed to know what to do with cases like this.....yes, maybe there is a problem with the system. But if cashiers do their jobs as we expect them to do....this may not happen. I drink at home or maybe one if I'm away....same will go for the GTG on the 15th......one pint and it will be coffee after that. Not everyone is a drunk, Hagopian.....please don't bring up drugs into the equation.....that's not exactly the way to go. The reason why bars are hurting right now is because people are more responsible.....and probably saving money by drinking at home like I do most of the time. Bars can cost a fortune if you're not careful....

JS
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Interesting to see how different the Occupy protest is in Edmonton. It is even on private, not public, property!
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Sim ... story.html
jon
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 pm

A little song about Vancouver's Mayor Gregor has appeared on You Tube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Ciz8xnJMc
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:19 pm

radiofan wrote:A little song about Vancouver's Mayor Gregor has appeared on You Tube ...

Now that's funny!!!
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Paul - yer right - killer funny.

Cheers, from your favourite Thor fan (LOL).
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:27 pm

This is your brain:

This is your brain on drugs:

hagopian wrote:Paul - yer right - killer funny.

Cheers, from your favourite Thor fan (LOL).
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 pm

radiofan wrote:A little song about Vancouver's Mayor Gregor has appeared on You Tube ...

It has vanished from You Tube, but you'll find it here... for now..

http://www.dave.ca/2011/11/10/mayor-moonbeam-the-video/
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Now I read that Mayor Moonbeam is "considering" cutting off the power to the illegal campers.

WTF??? They have POWER????

Where are they getting it from, why are they allowed to have it and who is paying for it???

This is becoming an even bigger farce, especially as one of their lawyers says he's focussing on homelessness!! What about corporations etc that this started out as.
I've been told by members of the media that there are very few, if any, of the original "Occupy" campers left at the site as they have become upset with what the circus has become.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:42 pm

I believe that early on within the first few days it was reported in the media that the city (art gallery (?)) is the source of the power for the protest site. This to compensate for open flames and generators... all done in the name of safety.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Interesting piece from Washington Times writer Marybeth Hicks...

Call it an occupational hazard, but I can’t look at the Occupy Wall Street protesters without thinking, “Who parented these people?”

As a culture columnist, I’ve commented on the social and political ramifications of the “movement” - now known as “OWS” - whose fairyland agenda can be summarized by one of their placards: “Everything for everybody.”

Thanks to their pipe-dream platform, it’s clear there are people with serious designs on “transformational” change in America who are using the protesters like bedsprings in a brothel.

Yet it’s not my role as a commentator that prompts my parenting question, but rather the fact that I’m the mother of four teens and young adults. There are some crucial life lessons that the protesters’ moms clearly have not passed along.

Here, then, are five things the OWS protesters’ mothers should have taught their children but obviously didn’t, so I will:

• Life isn’t fair. The concept of justice - that everyone should be treated fairly - is a worthy and worthwhile moral imperative on which our nation was founded. But justice and economic equality are not the same. Or, as Mick Jagger said, “You can’t always get what you want.”

No matter how you try to “level the playing field,” some people have better luck, skills, talents or connections that land them in better places. Some seem to have all the advantages in life but squander them, others play the modest hand they’re dealt and make up the difference in hard work and perseverance, and some find jobs on Wall Street and eventually buy houses in the Hamptons. Is it fair? Stupid question.

• Nothing is “free.” Protesting with signs that seek “free” college degrees and “free” health care make you look like idiots, because colleges and hospitals don’t operate on rainbows and sunshine. There is no magic money machine to tap for your meandering educational careers and “slow paths” to adulthood, and the 53 percent of taxpaying Americans owe you neither a degree nor an annual physical.

While I’m pointing out this obvious fact, here are a few other things that are not free: overtime for police officers and municipal workers, trash hauling, repairs to fixtures and property, condoms, Band-Aids and the food that inexplicably appears on the tables in your makeshift protest kitchens. Real people with real dollars are underwriting your civic temper tantrum.

• Your word is your bond. When you demonstrate to eliminate student loan debt, you are advocating precisely the lack of integrity you decry in others. Loans are made based on solemn promises to repay them. No one forces you to borrow money; you are free to choose educational pursuits that don’t require loans, or to seek technical or vocational training that allows you to support yourself and your ongoing educational goals. Also, for the record, being a college student is not a state of victimization. It’s a privilege that billions of young people around the globe would die for - literally.

• A protest is not a party. On Saturday in New York, while making a mad dash from my cab to the door of my hotel to avoid you, I saw what isn’t evident in the newsreel footage of your demonstrations: Most of you are doing this only for attention and fun. Serious people in a sober pursuit of social and political change don’t dance jigs down Sixth Avenue like attendees of a Renaissance festival. You look foolish, you smell gross, you are clearly high and you don’t seem to realize that all around you are people who deem you irrelevant.

• There are reasons you haven’t found jobs. The truth? Your tattooed necks, gauged ears, facial piercings and dirty dreadlocks are off-putting. Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity isn’t a virtue. Occupy reality: Only 4 percent of college graduates are out of work. If you are among that 4 percent, find a mirror and face the problem. It’s not them. It’s you.

• Marybeth Hicks is the author of “Don’t Let the Kids Drink the Kool-Aid: Confronting the Left’s Assault on Our Families, Faith and Freedom.” Find her on the Web at http://www.marybethhicks.com.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Bitchin' Post