Early Career Challenges On The Job (Not a Bitch)

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Early Career Challenges On The Job (Not a Bitch)

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this... so I put it here - As I said above in the title this is not a bitch.

About three or four months into my time at the radio place, I was operating for our Greek host who was learning how to do his show - when the phone rang... Upon answering I heard a rather disturbed lady saying she was going to kill her self.. At that point I had the Greek host take over the board which he had done a couple of times in previous weeks and he continued operating his show while I dealt with the call. I was finally able to convince her that I had things to do on the air and had her hold on a open line while I called 911 on another line.... While waiting for the call back from 911 I was able to keep her talking on the line... It took some time but finally I got a call back that the line was traced and the lady was found. She was some where south of the Fraser River. I was a little rattled the rest of the night. And the Greek guy did a good job of operating and announcing his own show.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to The Bitchin' Post