Red blames a Roadie!

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Red blames a Roadie!

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm

If you caught Global's news on Friday, there was Red Robinson telling anyone that would listen that 'a little birdie' told him that Springsteen would definitely make an appearance with McCartney on Sunday.
Well guess what... it didn't happen.
So there this morning on CKNW were Red and Bruce Allen blaming a roadie or lighting or electrician dude for starting the rumour.
On TV Red was quick to say 'don't blame me if it doesn't happen', but he was sure quick enough along with 'insider' Allen to be blaming others today.
Stay classy Red!
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Re: Red blames a Roadie!

Postby Karen » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Maybe Paul will show up at the Springsteen show tonight. He doesn't have to be into Edmonton until Wednesday. A carload of us are heading West on the Yellowhead from the 'Toon on Wednesday for the
first night show at Rexall Place. After reading the reviews of the Vancouver show, I'm really looking forward to what's in store. We might have to get tickets for the Thursday night show too!

I seem to recall someone telling me about a stunt Red orchestrated the day the Beatles came to Vancouver. Wasn't it something to do with a Ringo lookalike being driven around downtown Vancouver in a
convertable passing by and waving at the throngs of Beatles' fans who were awaiting the arrival of the Fab 4 at several hotels?
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby czarcasm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 pm

The review in today's Vancouver Sun credited CKNW for the rumour. Red credited a little birdie. The only bird I know of that has a connection to Red and to CKNW is Bruce Allen.

Hmmmmmmmm.
czarcasm
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 am

Bruce charged $110 and $67.50 for the show. I would love to see your comments re: the show itself.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am

hagopian wrote:Bruce charged $110 and $67.50 for the show. I would love to see your comments re: the show itself.

Three things:

1. I never went to the show, that's not what this thread is about.

2. Which Bruce? Allen or Springsteen? In any case, it's the promoter that decides how much to charge.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby czarcasm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am

hagopian wrote:Bruce charged $110 and $67.50 for the show. I would love to see your comments re: the show itself.

If I could have afforded tickets for either show, I'd gladly give you a review.

I'm confused as to what ticket prices have to do with Red Rumormonger's ability to broadcast fictional statements and have people believe every word that comes out of his mouth.
czarcasm
Advanced Member

Return to The Bitchin' Post