Screwed At The Gas Pump (again!)

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Re: Screwed At The Gas Pump (again!)

Postby johnsykes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 pm

There's a hell of a lot of difference, bitching about gas prices and sugar prices. In my case, I save anywhere from $10-$15 a fill by going to Sumas, Wa. Easy for me though....going early morning, I'm home within 20 minutes.

My real complaint is how oil companies get away with the price fixing....most times because some infidel in the Middle East sneezes.

Get the Alberta oil to here and refine it....now that should raise some noise!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Greetings,
Good points John, I agree get Alberta Oil to B.C. and refine it, lets get those gas prices down!!!

73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

It takes me 30 minutes to reach the border from Kits Point.
You just don't go when that nonsense with the Messy Tunnel is underway and you don't go on a weekend.
During the week, we hit the border at 9:30am at Peace Arch when all the southbound lanes are open.
We've never waited more than 15 minutes to cross.
It would be even faster if we sprung for Nexus.
Getting back into Canada is easy too.
Wait until after rush hour say 8pm and it's less than 15 minutes as well.
Combine the savings on gas with the duty exempt limits and you save a bundle over prices here in Canada.
Not to mention the much friendlier service and wider selection of goods available.
Spend some time and go further south than Bellingham where stores are less crowded and have a greater selection.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:54 pm

And to top it off, the U.S. is allowing those with the enhanced driver's licenses, to use the Nexus lane between 11am and 5pm.
Not so the Canadian side....guess that's quite understandable.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby xwdcatvb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm

johnsykes wrote:And to top it off, the U.S. is allowing those with the enhanced driver's licenses, to use the Nexus lane between 11am and 5pm.
Not so the Canadian side....guess that's quite understandable.

Ah, the "Grass Is Always Greener" argument.

Should the Excited States be so great, why not move there? Wouldn't cost much to re-locate from Abby to Lynden... but don't come grizzling when a hospitalization/medical experience robs your piggybank.

We are two separate countries... why should we even expect requirements to be equal?

Heck, even residents of, say, Vancouver WA seem to survive living across the Columbia from Portland OR, or is that the other way around? Depends I guess whether one prefers to be taxed by income or sales.

The British gained a reputation for being whingers. Seems to me there's a segment of border-positioned Canadians who have somehow caught their disease.
xwdcatvb
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Two points - I never suggested at any time, Grass is greener elsewhere...but I'm damned if I'm going to pay top dollar for gas. So, blow off on the people who go shopping, grocery and otherwise....I don't. I buy gas and that's it.

And I certainly object to your reference re the Brits. Total bullshit. Canadians, and I am one of them, are a bunch of whigners but never have the guts to force the governmnt to do something. Instead, there are people like Mayor Moonbeam in Vancouver running rampant with his bike lanes etc. If I bitch about something against an immigrant group I'm labelled as discriminating against them...if its the other side, then all is ok. Gety a life.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I also noticed you didn't go after the others who were in agreement with me....you quoted me, not them....go figure.

Didn't you notice that I said it was understandable that the Canadian border didn't go along with the Americans in accepting the new enhanced driver's license?
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to The Bitchin' Post