Comedy in the Skies

A place to post your bitch or rant about anything that's not radio related

Comedy in the Skies

Postby bigbry » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 am

Real comedy has reached the Canadian skies. West Jet has alway been know for their friendly service and a real sense of humour. Now they have me laughing. West Jet has announced their “Price Drop Guarantee”. You have to find the exact same flight leaving at the exact same time with the same destination and a minimum of 25.00 cheaper. They won’t give you the 25.00 but give you 25 West Jet Dollars. All this after they made the announcement there will now be a 25.00 first bag charge. Now, show me 2 jets on a runway going to the same place and taking off at the exact same time…Chaos! We all know take off’s are staggered. I can see West Jet Dollars ending up like Canadian Tire money. Let’s be thankful that West jet isn’t in the car business, “Hey I’ll knock off 25 bucks on this beauty for you”.
“Oh thanks, but it has no tires.”
“Don’t worry, I can put tires on that for you, just 25 dollars”
One more thing West Jet, don’t call it a Price “DROP” Guarantee. Putting the words “Drop” and “Jet” in the same offer, not a good idea. Thanks so much for the laugh!
Bryan
Here's a bit of a parody spot about Airlines... https://soundcloud.com/offthelawn/best- ... ial-parody
bigbry
Advanced Member

Re: Comedy in the Skies

Postby PMC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 am

A good move would have been to lower the bag charge to $10, and AC could have followed, each saving face. I like Westjet... they are all good people and I stress people !
PMC

Postby jon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 am

Probably the biggest irony in all of this is that the biggest threat to WestJet's business/profitability right now, according to investment gurus, is if another WestJet came along.

Not a WestJet 2014, which reminds me more of a PWA 1985, but a WestJet 1996. There is a big gaping hole in the Canadian market right now for an ultracheap airline.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby bigbry » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 am

GREAT points guys. Agree with both of you for sure
bigbry
Advanced Member

Return to The Bitchin' Post