Broadcast History - March 12

Broadcast History - March 12

Postby jon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:41 pm

In 1973, Selkirk was approved to acquire the half of CFGP Grande Prairie that it did not already own. Selkirk, previously known as Taylor Pearson & Carson, had operated the station since it first signed on in 1937. They first purchased an interest in the station in 1947, and kept acquiring more until they owned half the station prior to the 1973 approval for full ownership.

Image

In 2001, Aboriginal Voices Radio was awarded an FM license for Calgary, on 88.1 MHz with 33,000 watts. CKAV-FM-3 signed on in August 2006.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9156
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Return to Today in Broadcast History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests