Can-Con 45 Of The Day - August 5

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - August 5

Postby radiofan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1968 ... From Vancouver The Trials of Jayson Hoover and "King Size" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDAwQ9On5xI

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - August 5

Postby Richard Skelly » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:50 am

Along with Donny Gerrard (of Skylark) and the recently deceased Bobby Taylor (and The Vancouvers), Jayson showed unique soul could come out of Lotus Land.

I remember buying this 45 for two-bits in a remainder bin about a year after its release. At the time, I was surprised to find it on the New Syndrome imprint as that Warner Bros-linked label was more known for flower power offerings by co-owner Tom Northcott, The Collectors and Eternal Triangle.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - August 5

Postby jon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:14 am

With such a distinctive name, I find The Trials of Jason Hoover easier to remember than most local Vancouver bands.

I never heard them played on the air, but I do remember them in a lot of radio ads for concerts where they appeared on the bill.

A little research tells a different story. Four of their songs made the RPM Canadian chart, three were charted in Vancouver: two on CKLG and one on CKVN. The fine print in the RPM book says that this song was originally recorded as Jason Hoover and The Epics.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day