Can-Con 45 Of The Day - September 29

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - September 29

Postby radiofan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1976 ... C.B. Victoria (guess where he's from??) and "I Don't Believe In Miracles" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9bxMSZCZQ

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - September 29

Postby Richard Skelly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Don't leave us in suspense, radiofan. Not only where he is from, but who he is. There was another CB Victoria single, think it was called Come and See My Man, which was often interpreted as pop proselytizing for the unnamed Jesus. With hazy memories, I somehow conflate Mr Victoria with one Edwin Coppard. He has a web site and, with a plug from Tony Robbins, it seems he and his wife are into motivational counselling.There's a photo of him behind an electric piano and references to music, but no artistic bio.

My brain synapses may be misfiring, but I also have a vague, decades-old recollection that Edwin survived being struck by lightning near the UBC Endowment Lands.

Give Mr V and GRT their due for picking a song popularized in England by Zombies vocalist Colin Blunstone. Miracles was written by Russ Ballard who joined with Zombies keyboardist Rod Argent to form Argent. Russ sang lead on Hold Your Head Up and likely played its fat, open-tuned guitar riffs. He also wrote a variety of songs covered by groups like Three Dog Night, Santana, America and, of, course CB Victoria.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day