Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 2

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 2

Postby radiofan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1976 ... Terry Black and Laurel Ward and "Long Time" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQxYo8dwmtE

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 2

Postby Richard Skelly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Terry was supposed to be a '60s teen idol. He made noise in Vancouver and got the attention of producers and songwriters in Los Angeles who'd soon break acts like Barry MacGuire and The Grassroots. Terry released The Black Plague album a single from which got into the lower reaches of Billboard. He apparently skedaddled home to avoid the Vietnam draft. He came on my radar several years later as one of the vocalists in Dr. Music, a Toronto studio project of pianist Doug Riley. I think Terry was married to Laurel Ward who was a Dr. Music co-vocalist. Their biggest hit as a duo was On The Road To LA which charted respectably in the US. Terry's musical journeys are a mystery after the mid-70s. I do know he ended up living in Kamloops where he died years back from, I believe, Multiple Sclerosis. Great singer in his day. Laurel wasn't shabby behind a mic, either.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - October 2

Postby Tom Jeffries » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Very talented man.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day