Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 3

Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 3

Postby radiofan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Today's Can-Con 45 is from 1971 ... Winnipeg's Joey Gregorash and "Jodie" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSCRc6Wq-k

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Can-Con 45 Of The Day - January 3

Postby Richard Skelly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 am

Wonder if Joey ever worked with Bruce Decker? Both lithe and blond, they certainly would have presented well visually.

For those wondering who the heck was Bruce Decker...he was a member of Burton Cummings’ first band The Deverons. The group recorded a 45 or two and then The Guess Who made Burton an offer he couldn’t refuse. About a year later, the Guess Wh expanded to briefly include Decker who had remained Burton’s buddy. But Bachman-Cummings et al couldn’t afford a fifth member and Bruce left.

Hence, my idle speculation about whether Decker—who died years later in a car crash—ever trod the boards with Gregorash. On my annual summer visits to relatives near the ‘Peg, I’d see Joey emceeing a dance-party type local tv show. And one day, he emanated from B.C. broadcast speakers with Jodie. It took years for me to understand why Gregorash covered Neil Young’s Down By The River. I hadn’t realized ol’ Neil was just as much an ex-Winnipegger as an ex-Ontarian.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Return to Can-Con 45 Of The Day