CKRD Red Deer 1979 Billboards

Pictures from our archives and yours .. pics of radio people and radio stations from yesterday and today ...

CKRD Red Deer 1979 Billboards

Postby radiofan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Pictures of a couple of CKRD Red Deer 8' x 20' billboards from 1979

These billboards were painted by Rick Soehn. The billboards were in the south part of Red Deer on Gaetz Avenue.

From Rick's website: http://artisticimpressionsbyrick.blogsp ... nd-tv.html
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: CKRD Red Deer 1979 Billboards

Postby merlin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:22 pm

That brings back so many memories of when I was a kid growing up on a farm North West of Red Deer. Our school class toured the old station I met Danny Teed and Ron Henry and got interested radio and TV at that point. I hope all well with old gang there ?? The Radio market has sure changed in that city from what it use to be in 1979. The old 850 had a intro song Were the spirit of Alberta I would really like hear it again. Thanks the photos
merlin
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 pm

merlin wrote:That brings back so many memories of when I was a kid growing up on a farm North West of Red Deer. Our school class toured the old station I met Danny Teed and Ron Henry and got interested radio and TV at that point. I hope all well with old gang there ?? The Radio market has sure changed in that city from what it use to be in 1979. The old 850 had a intro song Were the spirit of Alberta I would really like hear it again. Thanks the photos

Hey Merlin .... listen to this!! CKRD Spirit Of Alberta Jingle

Thanks to former CKRD Boss Jock "Sharkey" for sharing this piece of Alberta Radio History!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby merlin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Thank-you Thank-you Radio- fan and everyone else that was a blast from the past to hear brought tears to my eyes wonder where all the time went from 14 to 53 thanks again.
merlin
Advanced Member

Return to Radio West Photo Album