Dave McCormick @ JR-FM & Rick Sadler @ AM 106

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Dave McCormick @ JR-FM & Rick Sadler @ AM 106

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:44 pm

A couple of countdowns this time around ...

RICK SADLER with the nightly Top 10 at 10 on Calgary's AM 106 from April 14, 1988.

AM 106 [CFCN] Top 10 @ 10 Rick Sadler Aircheck

13:22 9,410KB

-----------------

Vancouver market veteran DAVE McCORMICK counts down the top 10 of the weekly top 40 on JR-FM from May 17, 1996.

JR-FM [CJJR] Top 10 countdown Dave McCormick Aircheck

14:34 10,956KB
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Big Daddy

Postby segueking2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Hope that David and the rest of the crew at the, soon to be toast, 600am, can land on their feet somewhere else.
This guy has been a stalwart in Vancouver for many years and a true class act.
segueking2
Advanced Member

Re: Big Daddy

Postby cart_machine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 pm

segueking2 wrote: This guy has been a stalwart in Vancouver for many years and a true class act.

Truer words have never been spoken, SK. Dave knows radio, too. A lot of people don't.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Re: Dave McCormick @ JR-FM & Rick Sadler @ AM 106

Postby CKNF » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Wow....listening to those Rick Sadler spots just now...raised the hair off the back of my neck as it brings back so many memories I was almost emotional while listening. I used to listen to Rick Sadler all the time when growing up in Calgary after we moved here....even when I would spend my summers back home in Vancouver the 1060 signal would for most nights bounce there. (Of course, during the day it was LG73 that I would listen to)

Anyways, I was actually talking to Rick today. I work at the same company (in a completely different industry) with him and I see him a lot from time to time. It's always neat to know that one of my favourite radio personalities I grew up with is just a couple of floors up from me at our corporate head office here in Calgary. Today I finally shared with him how much of a fan of his I was back in the 80's. I even remember his short-lived TV show on CFCN TV called N-R-G. Rick knows who I am here. 8-)

CKNF
CKNF
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)