Hope This Man's Life Gets Back On Track...

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Hope This Man's Life Gets Back On Track...

Postby The Unknown Copywriter » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

T.U.C.

"The present day composer refuses to die!"
Edgard Varese

"Kill ugly radio."
Frank Zappa
The Unknown Copywriter
Advanced Member

Re: Hope This Man's Life Gets Back On Track...

Postby Buckley » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:22 am

The Unknown Copywriter wrote:Make sure you play the clip!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/ ... nContent.2

Insane how quickly this went viral, I saw it this morning and it had 300 views, it now has over 1.1 million and will no doubt have more by the time others see it.

I'd hire him for the publicity, but he's probably not too keen on relocating right now. The cynic in me though feels like this could be a hoax... I mean, yeah his voice is great, but how many radio announcers are you aware of that sound like that, or how many imaging guys do you know that can replicate it? Something like this, shoot a short little film in the street, get all ragged looking, and get yourself some work in a slow economy with 100,000 radio graduates coming out of US schools a year and only 2% of those having any real shot at making it.

Hoax or not though, this guy could stand to make some pretty good coin out of all this when everyone wants him to do their imaging. People will joke now that he'll probably work for next to nothing, but that won't be the case when he has one or two major offers.
Buckley
Advanced Member

Re: Hope This Man's Life Gets Back On Track...

Postby Buckley » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6-tfX9GbE

The follow-up, it would appear that the organization that runs the Cavs have offered him full time voice work and they threw in a little something extra... cue Rod Roddy...

A BRAND NEW HOUSE!

So, sounds like he'll be taking that deal.
Buckley
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History