Corey Kim and Ami Amato new Toronto Z103 Morning Team

Radio news from Alberta

Corey Kim and Ami Amato new Toronto Z103 Morning Team

Postby groundwave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Original title: Corey Kim and Ami Amato depart Rawlco's Now! FM

Hot on the heals of an impressive first-time BBM for Edmonton newbie Now! 102.3 FM, afternoon drive team Corey Kim and Ami Amato have left their warm studio chairs and moved on. As you'd expect, and if the station's web site is any indication, management is being tight-lipped about it. Other than their photos and blogs (and any trace of their existence) being purged from the stations site, there's nothing in the way of details. I was able to catch this related chat box comment from the station's part-time evening host Rebbecca Page:

They have decided to pursue opportunities in larger mar- kets. We wish them well and sad to see them go.

Notwithstanding the "larger markets" possibility, could this departure be a case of Rogers' recently purchased Bounce having come a callin' with an offer the pair couldn't refuse?

http://www.1023nowradio.com/
Last edited by groundwave on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groundwave
Advanced Member

Re: Corey Kim and Ami Amato depart Rawlco's Now! FM

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm

groundwave wrote:Hot on the heals of an impressive first-time BBM for Edmonton newbie Now! 102.3 FM, afternoon drive team Corey Kim and Ami Amato have left their warm studio chairs to move on. As you'd expect, and if the station's web site is any indication, management is being tight-lipped about it. Other than their photos and blogs (and any trace of their existence) being purged from the stations site, there's nothing in the way of details. I was able to catch this related chat box comment from the station's part-time evening host Rebbecca Page:

They have decided to pursue opportunities in larger mar- kets. We wish them well and sad to see them go.

Could this abrupt departure be a case of Rogers' recently purchased Bounce having come a callin' with an offer the pair couldn't refuse?

I guess it REALLY begs the question..... 'Is Edmonton a bigger mar- ket than Edmonton'?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby groundwave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:
groundwave wrote:Hot on the heals of an impressive first-time BBM for Edmonton newbie Now! 102.3 FM, afternoon drive team Corey Kim and Ami Amato have left their warm studio chairs to move on. As you'd expect, and if the station's web site is any indication, management is being tight-lipped about it. Other than their photos and blogs (and any trace of their existence) being purged from the stations site, there's nothing in the way of details. I was able to catch this related chat box comment from the station's part-time evening host Rebbecca Page:

Could this abrupt departure be a case of Rogers' recently purchased Bounce having come a callin' with an offer the pair couldn't refuse?

I guess it REALLY begs the question..... 'Is Edmonton a bigger mar- ket than Edmonton'?

I did consider that and altered the last whiny-assed sentence in my post. :lol:
groundwave
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Well played! :D
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby WPGGUY » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:34 am

I heard that Mastermind is no longer working for VIBE in Calgary, Is Cory Kimm heading there for the virgin flip?
WPGGUY
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 am

Word on the street is that the "major market" is likely Toronto, as the duo were observed on an airplane to Toronto within the last week.

In addition, Cory used to work at CHUM-FM.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 am

Interesting, I just confirmed a comment made to me that Virgin 999 in Toronto is currently without an afternoon drive host.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Posted elsewhere on the net ...

Various Positions @ Rawlco Edmonton ...

... This is the kind of radio station you've probably waited your entire career to work at.

And as we all know, there's a career-seeker born every minute just waiting to apply.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby Promotions Guy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

That didn't take long.
Promotions Guy
Advanced Member

Postby Primitive » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Rawlco is a weird company. I know of more than one person who was going to be flown in for an interview then weren't called again.
Primitive
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

After what was likely a one year unpaid vacation, the dynamic duo is reported to be the new morning team at Z103.5 Toronto.

Beginning tomorrow (Monday) morning.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Corey Kim and Ami Amato new Toronto Z103 Morning Team

Postby jon » Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 am

The Z103 web site confirms they were on air earlier this morning:

jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta