It's A Five Shirt Day outside the weather window!

News from the world of Television

It's A Five Shirt Day outside the weather window!

Postby radiofan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 pm

What's the deal with TV weather people in Vancouver?

Monday was the last night for favorite local weather lady Claire Martin at CBC. She's headed to CBC Toronto. Amy Bell is filling in for a few days, Claire's replacement will appear on Monday.

We can now share with you the news that longtime Global BC Weatherman Wayne Cox is hanging up his collection of Hawaiian shirts before year's end. After more than two decades at Global,
Wayne is opting for an early partial retirement. Look for Wayne to be a part of the new Global 2 in the new year, but not on a Monday to Friday basis.

Will Wayne's replacement come from in-house (Kristi, Wesla and Mark hope so) or will it be someone from outside?
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: It's A Five Shirt Day outside the weather window!

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Ah yes, but I'm sure it will allow Wayne to perfect his 'Environmental Research' techniques - and get to bed at a decent hour! :phew:
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

We enjoyed Wayne on CKNW in the early 70's doing mid day from noon to three. His relaxed manor and friendly presentation came loud and clear through the speaker. He sounded like some one you would like as a next door neighbour. That folksy presentation carried over to television very well. And those shirts - they will have to retire those to the Global rafters when he retires. All I can add is fair breezes and sunny skys Wayne.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby SKradiophile » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm

I have no stake in this guy's life but there is an available weather guy, another refugee from Global Saskatoon named Warren Dean. I'm thinking that after being on air in ToonTown for a while, he'd work cheap. it's been said on air that he is seeking his fortune (or lack thereof) in tv in the lower mainland.
SKradiophile
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen