Issues: Broadcast History - December 30

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

Re: Issues: Broadcast History - December 30

Postby PMC » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:12 pm

NS, to refresh your memory, when you bought the machine, you made a Windows 7 backup to dvd disc... it is two discs that get created. They get labeled as `Recovery' discs by the software... don't know the brand of the box or I could be more specific... HP and Compaq are similar etc. If you did not do the `Recovery' discs, then do so.
PMC

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:42 am

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:This allows me the luxury of seeking out a solution to the initial problem. I don't see any need nor reason to reinstall Chrome later on. I just have the sort of nature that needs to solve puzzles.

NS; Did you run a scan after removing chrome - If so what was the result of the scan?
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:10 pm

I might like to try that when I have time to kill. Running the Avast boot-scan requires monitoring until the virus is identified and that can take an hour or more. When it locates the bug, a multiple choice is offered to either ignore it, attempt to repair it, or vault it. If I am not there to press 1, 2, or 3 the boot-scan just continues on in autopilot until it goes full on re-start at the close and the opportunity is missed.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 am

Would be nice if computer programs would kill the problem upon detection and then give you a full report

All this multiple choice stuff is weird.

Some of my cleaning programs stop when the "sleep mode" is on - seems strange to have to rework your power program just to get a scan done. :bag:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Computer & Technology News