Owner Doing Afternoon Drive

Radio News from British Columbia

Owner Doing Afternoon Drive

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 am

Listened to CKPM in Port Moody today and there was no more mention of "The Dave Sheldon Show".
Don't know how long "Dave's not here".

The owner is back in the afternoon slot, with some left-over golf stuff still.

Too bad.
Dave did a lot of excellent local show prep, and genuinely sounded like he was having a barrel of fun.

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Owner Doing Afternoon Drive

Postby jon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 am

Dave explains in a January 3rd Facebook post:

I want to give everyone a 2017 update. Please be advised that I am no longer affiliated or associated with 98-7 The Point. I am not going to get into the details of why I am no longer with this station only to say that this had absolutely nothing to do with on-air performance.

This did not happen today, it happened on December 16, just after my Friday show.

I will not be commenting further on 98-7 The Point or my departure from there as there are still moving pieces involved.

I am happy and I am healthy! I can report that I may be close to a couple of different situations and am currently doing due diligence.

I will be continuing my blog Sheldon on Sports while I get the other parts sorted and I look forward to give you all an update sooner rather than later.

So when you tune in today at 3 pm and don't hear the Dave Show, I am sorry. But I will be back soon and look forward to keeping in touch with you!

Cheers!
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Dave L » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 pm

I am happy and I am healthy! I can report that I may be close to a couple of different situations and am currently doing due diligence.

Had Dave done his "due diligence" he ought not have signed on in the first place.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 am

I MIGHT be wrong in the following observations but I DON'T THINK SO:

Last Friday:
I was listening and I thought I heard the CKPM 'afternoon drive disc-jockey' say the wrong artist and song titles in his backsell.
THAT can't be right I thought (but I admit I don't recognize most of CKPM's playlist)...
Maybe the computer was firing voicetracks in wrong positions???

(I had caught a catchy tune last week and it's been an ear worm of mine ever since so I'm trying to figure out artist/title when I can hear it again).
((For the record I am a strong supporter of small town local radio efforts)).

HOWEVER -
Today:
I was scanning the dial and AGAIN thought I heard the CKPM 'afternoon drive disc-jockey' backselling the wrong artists/titles!
THAT - also - can't be right I thought (but...I admit I still don't know very much of CKPM's playlist).

Besides, he DID give a 'lazy' timecheck : "just after 4 o'clock"...

HOWEVER -
the in next set I thought I heard the CKPM 'afternoon drive disc-jockey' said the "TEMPERATURE WILL DIP DOWN TO MINUS 12 TONIGHT IN COQUITLAM" !!!!

WTF.
The deep freeze is over.
TONIGHT's temp is about +4 overnight!!!

The voicetracked weather set was obviously from LAST WEEK!!!!!!
Busted!

HOPE I'm wrong but me thinks, sadly, the CKPM afternoon drive show isn't even being CALLED IN anymore.

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia