Vinnie Taylor XL-103 (Don, Joanne and the Coach retiring?)

Radio news from Alberta

Vinnie Taylor XL-103 (Don, Joanne and the Coach retiring?)

Postby Rocky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Hey flyonthewheel! Got any Calgary news?

I heard Vinnie Taylor this morning on XL-103.

The last time he was on air in Calgary he was doing afternoons on KISS FM 96.9, before Rogers bought it from Rawlco. Before KISS he was doing afternoons as Michael Day on 66-CFR.

Don, Joanne and the Coach were on an ad announcing they are hosting their last charity golf tournament this year. Are they retiring?
Rocky
Advanced Member

Re: Vinnie Taylor XL-103 (Don, Joanne and the Coach retiring

Postby 45 RPM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Rocky wrote:Hey flyonthewheel! Got any Calgary news?

I heard Vinnie Taylor this morning on XL-103.

The last time he was on air in Calgary he was doing afternoons on KISS FM 96.9, before Rogers bought it from Rawlco. Before KISS he was doing afternoons as Michael Day on 66-CFR.

Don, Joanne and the Coach were on an ad announcing they are hosting their last charity golf tournament this year. Are they retiring?

Didn't Rawlco have him teamed up with Angela Knight in the 66 CFR days? Day & Knight in the afternoon? Almost as clever as Black & Decker at Rawlco's CJME in Regina.

As for Don, Joanne & The Coach, I'd say the retirement is long overdue. Stevens has to be in his early to mid 70's now. He was no spring chicken when he launched AM 106 thirty plus years ago and it's been
almost 50 years since he arrived at CHED. Listening to him talk for any length of time these days is a struggle. I sincerely hope they have 9-1-1 on the speed dial in the control room.
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby Tenax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:38 am

Vinnie had a shot on kiss 96.9 mornings too. It was a fail. Great jock outside of mornings. Not strong enough to fill these morning shoes.
Tenax

Postby TRENT310 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks to technology, Newcap can stretch their talent beyond geographic boundaries and across their formats. Vinnie is heard on mornings at CKGY Red Deer too.
TRENT310
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta