Justin Wilcomes Moves Right Up There With Fallon and Kimmel

Radio News from British Columbia

Justin Wilcomes Moves Right Up There With Fallon and Kimmel

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:30 am

Bulletin:
Corus RE-AIRS 'The Shift' programs from earlier in the week on Friday nights, putting their late night programming right up there with the likes of Kimmel and Fallon, who never tape new shows for Fridays.

Apparently this is a show sooo good that this bold programming initiative, on their 'national network', means that we get to hear Drek four times (twice the original night and twice on the Friday repeat).

Way to program Corus!

Can't wait to hear what happens on Saturdays...

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Justin Wilcomes Moves Right Up There With Fallon and Kim

Postby Richard Skelly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:46 am

Yup, I also noticed the reruns while driving home in the wee hours.

Big spenders at Corus. Betcha there’s no shortage of willing voices that would eagerly take weekend shifts. Failing that, Best Of Adler would suffice because currently Charles is one and done on NW. On the one other night I stayed up, The Shift repeated after 2 am.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member

Postby kal » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:37 am

It is an odd move indeed. It was clearly announced ahead of time that it would be a Sunday to Thursday show but the Friday repeat (and let's wait to see what Saturday brings) is strange.

Interesting move though that Bob Addison is returning to 'NW to produce the Drex program.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:31 am

When I read about the hiring of Addison, my immediate thought was that somebody at Corus HQ finally heard the show (or at least was reading the listener emails coming in to the PD's) and said "Enough already, let's get somebody in who can help shape this mess into something more manageable".

Bob is a great guy, definitely knows his stuff and has the experience desperately needed there right now. Aside from being able to fix the obvious technical issues the have plagued the show, he'll be able to offer the guidance & direction Dreck requires, to get the show focused and on-track.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Yes, Addison is a good producer. However, the greatest team in the world cannot control what comes out of the 'star's' mouth.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm

PicturesForYourEars wrote:Bulletin:
Corus RE-AIRS 'The Shift' programs from earlier in the week on Friday nights, putting their late night programming right up there with the likes of Kimmel and Fallon, who never tape new shows for Fridays.

Apparently this is a show sooo good that this bold programming initiative, on their 'national network', means that we get to hear Drek four times (twice the original night and twice on the Friday repeat).

Way to program Corus!

Can't wait to hear what happens on Saturdays...

They didn't explain it well, but it IS 5 nights a week - Sunday though Thursday, which makes total sense for an overnight show.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:16 pm

No best of type intro, no mention the phone lines aren't open. Small town radio at it's best.

I wish Bob Addison well working with the Stammering Kangaroo. This is Dreck's third shot on NW and if week one is any indicator, maybe the strikeout will occur sooner than later.

Dreck is a music guy, not a news person or a talk show host. Most former NW listeners I know were driven away by his annoying tone of voice. There's no warmth to him. He just sounds like an angry person who doesn't know how to smile. He thinks he's in the same league as Bannerman, Burns, Webster etc just because he's on NW. Think again young hipster. You are an absolute nobody and that is unlikely to ever change. Remember, you weren't hired at NW because of your talent (or lack of), it was because your old pal Ronnie Stanton thought he could get some free publicity by hiring you for some all night shifts on the FOX after your demise in Courtenay at Vista for your idiotic MILF remark to Premier Christy Clark.

A national late night show based in Vancouver sounded like a great idea until we found out who the host would be. I was personally hoping for 7 nights a week split up by the likes of David Berner and Stirling Faux. Oh well.

And if you haven't tuned in, Lynda Steele seems to be enjoying her newfound freedom in the afternoons with the removal of the annoyance.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia