New Beach Morning Show

Radio News from British Columbia

New Beach Morning Show

Postby oldnewsie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Ara Andonian (a.k.a. “Ara”) will be on the air every weekday morning from 6-10. We hope to have Ara here in January, 2018 (Date TBD).

Ara is no stranger to Kelowna radio. He previously dominated the airwaves for 2 years as the afternoon host on Sun FM. (We know of many “Araholics” in Kelowna who never said goodbye – thousands from Kelowna follow him on Facebook - and will be elated to hear of his return!). After Kelowna, Ara went on to enjoy more ratings success in Edmonton. Ara is currently reigning in afternoons at KiSS RADiO, in Vancouver, where he has spent that last few years living with his wife Paige and Arlo.

“Since our launch on October 20th Kelowna’s NEW 103-1 Beach Radio has been taking the city by storm with an electric mix of upbeat hits from the 80s and 90s, we have been on the hunt for the perfect human to wake you up with the best music in Kelowna, and we have found him. We’re thrilled to bring Ara back to Kelowna radio and we’re excited to reunite him with old and new fans alike! Listeners told us they want a great morning show and we’re confident Ara will deliver!” – Russell James, Program Director, Beach Radio.

Please join me in welcoming Ara back to Kelowna!
RJ
oldnewsie

Re: New Beach Morning Show

Postby Rocky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Must not be many "Araholics" in Calgary seeing how it's absent from RJ's note. Ara's midday show on UP was terrible, anyway.
Rocky
Advanced Member

Postby DirkSteele » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm

If I had a dollar for every PD quote in a press release that says "Listeners told us....."

PD grocery list: "The family told me they like milk but aren't getting enough of the milk they love. After an exhaustive search, I found some great tasting milk. I will deliver more of the milk the family told me they want....guaranteed! Finally, the family is getting the milk they asked for....and more"!
DirkSteele
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm

"lunchbag letdown" is this choice, but good luck to Ara.

Hopefully, "Ara" has improved his announcing skills since his days at Sun-FM. I heard him do a phone interview, one year, and he asked the young Sun FM listener: "Guess what color is my underwear."

After the woman's six guesses were incorrect, the conversation went to dead air and that was the end of that !

Bottom line ? If you're going to use your personal radio show as a pickup joint, make sure to borrow your lines from the most perverted, namely, recently fired tv host Matt Lauer: "Oh, bend a little lower, you look great, oh, I like that, keep bending lower ! "
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Pattison has also put out a call for a co-host. Any guesses?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Rocky wrote:Must not be many "Araholics" in Calgary seeing how it's absent from RJ's note. Ara's midday show on UP was terrible, anyway.

Really, he had a fan club bearing his name!? Wow.

I was a Troy Scott fan during his B103, Q103, Country 100.7 and 103.9 The Juice days in Kelowna but I don't think there was an unofficial name given to fans of his. :)

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Pattison has also put out a call for a co-host. Any guesses?

Hrm... who is that woman at the Vernon Sun FM radio station that co-hosts a morning show with, I think, Brian Mack? Oh yeah, Betty Selin, that'd be my guess.

Maybe Rae Stewart but she's probably not the right age demographic anymore...I still miss the "Ray and Rae" morning show on Sun FM Kelowna from my high school days. ;)

Who else...don't know too many radio personalities outside this market.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby KamloopsRadioDude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm

:shock: UGH! Ara is returning to the Okanagan? This is the best they could do? Calling it in from Vancouver...:violent1:

His incessant fake laughing and yelling at everything gets old real quick as does his attempts at comedy. Can't believe he has lasted in the big boy markets!

Why does radio attract such ego?

Big pass on this one... :violent1:

*Sorry - on a negative tirade today! * :sign5:
KamloopsRadioDude
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:19 am

As I'm listening to Beach Radio 103.1 right now (still the only decent FM music station in Kelowna - Frost's "oldies" attempted revival is pathetic!), I see they launched a full website but only show a weekday midday (10-3) and afternoon drive (3-6) schedule. What's up with that!? No morning show or website not up to date?

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 pm

So 5 months after flipping from Q103, Beach Radio will finally have a morning show on the air. It has had midday, PM drive, a VT'd evening show and news from the Pattison station in Vernon, since almost the start last October. Joining the 'finally released by Rogers' Ara Andonian, will be former Global Okanagan (CHBC) news anchor Toby Tannas.
A release from the station says the morning show will run from 6-10a starting March 26.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 am

Howaboutthat wrote:So 5 months after flipping from Q103, Beach Radio will finally have a morning show on the air. It has had midday, PM drive, a VT'd evening show and news from the Pattison station in Vernon, since almost the start last October. Joining the 'finally released by Rogers' Ara Andonian, will be former Global Okanagan (CHBC) news anchor Toby Tannas.
A release from the station says the morning show will run from 6-10a starting March 26.

Wow...didn't realize his show hadn't even aired yet! I thought maybe it'd been cancelled already. ;)

Not sure how well Toby Tannas will "fit" on morning radio. She is getting up there in years afterall. ;)

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia