Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Radio News from British Columbia

Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby radiofan » Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Coast To Coast AM will be returning to it's original Vancouver home nightly at 10PM. On It's website, C2C has announced the show will be aired on BNN Bloomberg Radio 1410.

C2C is happy to announce a return to our longtime Vancouver, BC home, 1410AM, where we can be heard live nightly at 10pm! The station, now called 'BNN Bloomberg Radio 1410' also offers broadcasts at HDFM at 103.5FM HD2 and on the iHeartRADIO app
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
User avatar
radiofan
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Pitt Meadows

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby jon » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm

I actually did not think that Bell would "go off format" enough to run C2C on 1410 now that they are "All Business". Wise decision, nonetheless.

A couple Bloomberg-related changes. BNN has come out with a new Bloomberg-badged App as an automatic upgrade to their old one. And Bloomberg's own App is now limiting usage unless you pay them $43+ per month for access.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Disappointing to hear them do a repeat.
Airing 10pm to 6am...
One airing would have been enough and better lessened the interruption to the flow, me thinks.

So much international BNN being missed out on!


.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
User avatar
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby Coolcat » Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 pm

For sure its a Mickey Mouse move.
Coolcat
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:32 pm

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby the-real-deal » Sun May 13, 2018 7:50 pm

You mean, an Amanda Lang (mickey mouse) move. Why do people need to listen to a business radio channel, unless you have stocks in every nook and cranny.

Can't you wait until 5 pm to see how your stocks crashed, on the boob tube ?
the-real-deal
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby jon » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 pm

A couple of years back, I was very thankful for Bloomberg Canada actually staffing on the weekend. Late one Sunday afternoon, I glanced at their smartphone App and discovered that a Chinese company had offered twice the current stock price for a Calgary Oil Company that I owned shares in.

With that info, I was able to cancel my Sell orders before the Markets opened on Monday morning. And then quietly wait 9 months for the financing to come through.

Even if you only own about a dozen different "stocks", like I routinely do, it is important to know quickly when things happen that relate to them. More than ever today, when everyone can react so quickly. Not like the old days when you had to phone your Broker.

To put it another way, today there are so many people who do their own investing that they actually influence the Market in ways that were unheard of even 10 years ago. Professional Traders say that they have had to learn new techniques to cope.

That group of individual investors is a sizable potential audience.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby kal » Mon May 14, 2018 9:15 am

The repeat didn't seem to be airing this morning. The Bloomberg feed was there. Bloomberg really is top-notch when it comes to business analysis and reporting. Pretty hard to beat a team of 2500+ reporters. I think this is a good move. Vancouver is a key business centre, especially for mining companies, and the tech sector is no slouch here either.
kal
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby jon » Mon May 14, 2018 11:36 am

The station web site at http://www.iheartradio.ca/bnn-bloomberg-radio-1410 says 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.

The Coast to Coast web site at https://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations says 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby Aaron » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am

Bell's websites list times in your local time zone.
Aaron
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby Richard Skelly » Mon May 14, 2018 5:17 pm

The iheartradio.ca/BNN-Bloomberg-Radio-1410 site doesn’t seem to offer archived programming, especially Coast To Coast. Just like Roundhouse Radio did not archive it.

Anyone know of a Canadian or US station that, like CKNW did with C2C, archives Coast for a few days after being aired? Don’t really feel like subscribing to Coast itself as only a few guests per month are that interesting.
Richard Skelly
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby radiofan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Richard Skelly wrote:The iheartradio.ca/BNN-Bloomberg-Radio-1410 site doesn’t seem to offer archived programming, especially Coast To Coast. Just like Roundhouse Radio did not archive it.

Anyone know of a Canadian or US station that, like CKNW did with C2C, archives Coast for a few days after being aired? Don’t really feel like subscribing to Coast itself as only a few guests per month are that interesting.


As a rule, Premiere (iHeart) doesn't allow stations to archive the shows for replay (probably because of the money making C2C Insider deal). I'm sure if they knew what Corus was doing, it would have been stopped.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
User avatar
radiofan
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Pitt Meadows

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby jon » Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 pm

jon wrote:The station web site at http://www.iheartradio.ca/bnn-bloomberg-radio-1410 says 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.

The Coast to Coast web site at https://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations says 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.

Checked last night from Edmonton, and Coast to Coast was running live on CFTE, beginning at 10:00 p.m.

Big change from the old days though. Many a Saskatchewan or Alberta kid born around 1960 "discovered" CFUN at night in the mid- to late 1970s and was instantly addicted. Their 50KW was all alone at night on 1410, but now I can get KWYO from Sheridan, Wyoming, most nights, sometimes even overpowering CFTE, despite KWYO only running 350 watts at night. Back in the 1970s, they signed off at sunset.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby dmehus » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

radiofan wrote:Coast To Coast AM will be returning to it's original Vancouver home nightly at 10PM. On It's website, C2C has announced the show will be aired on BNN Bloomberg Radio 1410.

C2C is happy to announce a return to our longtime Vancouver, BC home, 1410AM, where we can be heard live nightly at 10pm! The station, now called 'BNN Bloomberg Radio 1410' also offers broadcasts at HDFM at 103.5FM HD2 and on the iHeartRADIO app


What is that "HD2" stuff and did they have to apply to the CRTC to add that simulcast/repeater?

Seems kind of disappointing. I would've preferred to see BNN Bloomberg Radio simulcast, ideally, Bloomberg Radio's feed in the overnight hours or, in the alternative, Bloomberg Television's broadcasts. Isn't Tom Keene arguably the best radio news broadcaster ever? Great radio voice, solid volume, tone, and no "lispiness" or "verbal fry" with him. :)

Cheers,
Doug
dmehus
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: West Kelowna, BC

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby dmehus » Wed May 16, 2018 5:57 pm

jon wrote:I actually did not think that Bell would "go off format" enough to run C2C on 1410 now that they are "All Business". Wise decision, nonetheless.

A couple Bloomberg-related changes. BNN has come out with a new Bloomberg-badged App as an automatic upgrade to their old one. And Bloomberg's own App is now limiting usage unless you pay them $43+ per month for access.


On the latter point, are you sure, jon? Bloomberg TV is, thankfully, still available on Apple TV and through the web, which I'll continue to use because most of BNN Bloomberg's broadcasts are utter garbage (outside of Andy Bell's "Commodities," "Market Call," "Market Call Tonight," and Catherine Murray's "The Close"). Bloomberg's always been freely available across multiple platforms - they even have their Tictic 10 minute news updates every hour on Twitter.

On the first point, I didn't expect them to go "off format" either, so am surprised to see C2C return to 1410 AM. Who is running these stations!? Shame on Bell Media Radio - seems like total amateur hour. And, their iHeartRadio livestream is cumbersome and bloated (why am I surprised by this?).

Cheers,
Doug
dmehus
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: West Kelowna, BC

Re: Coast To Coast returns to 1410

Postby dmehus » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

the-real-deal wrote:You mean, an Amanda Lang (mickey mouse) move. Why do people need to listen to a business radio channel, unless you have stocks in every nook and cranny.

Can't you wait until 5 pm to see how your stocks crashed, on the boob tube ?


I agree that her 10 am PT/1 pm ET half-hour Canadian broadcast of Bloomberg Markets reminds me of Channel Zero's haphazard attempt with the same at 1 pm PT/4 pm ET. Still, I was pleasantly surprised, a bit, with the polished co-produced half hour at 10:30 am PT/1:30 pm ET with Shery Ahn at Bloomberg in New York. Still, sad to not have brilliant Michael Hainsworth on the network anymore, but I suspect, though he won't admit it, he's seen BNN going downhill. Good excuse to check out "Geeks and Beats". ;)

Their worst move is having Jon Erlichman go solo on "The Open". He's too forced, stilted, rarely smiles (and when he does, it's so obvious), and constantly smacks his lips together. It's like he's afraid to show his dimples in his cheeks when he smiles! :(

Cheers,
Doug
dmehus
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: West Kelowna, BC

Next

Return to British Columbia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests