Nick Frost Sells SILK to Standard

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed May 03, 2006 12:30 pm

The President of Silk FM in Kelowna, BC, Nick Frost, announced today that he is leaving the radio business.

"It has been a difficult decision, but the future of Silk will be in good hands with the people of Standard Radio - in my view, one of the best radio companies in Canada, and importantly, a family-owned firm."

He said, "Silk FM has been my life for 21 years, and I will miss the people, the fun, and the challenges... but it's time for me to leave."
Standard Radio currently owns 51 Canadian radio stations, including Kelowna's SUN FM & Oldies 1150.

Frost said, "Standard understands Kelowna and Silk. They recognize the strong heritage and community service of our station's programming, the long dedication to our clients, and the professionalism of our people who have made us successful." He said that joining Silk FM with SUN FM & Oldies 1150 will provide opportunities for staff, listeners, and clients, "...with greater resources than we've ever had."

"There's been much talk about satellite radio, Ipods, & celphone radio," Frost said, "but radio is healthier than ever, and has a long and prosperous future." As a long-time Kelowna resident he said he's pleased with Standard's enthusiasm about the purchase... and that he'll continue to be "number-one fan" of The 80?s 90?s, & Now - Silk FM 101/5.
The sale, which is subject to approval by the CRTC, does not include Castanet.net.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Standard won't be family owned for much longer. They are in the process of going public.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Wed May 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Gee, does this mean EZ Rock will be coming to Kelowna?
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu May 04, 2006 9:32 pm

Just in time for the launch of CKXR FM in Salmon Arm ... Schafe and the gang can do an EZ Rock simulcast from Kelowna to Salmon Arm.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Tue May 09, 2006 8:29 pm

How long do you think the Boys in Penticton are going to hold out now that Jimmy has bought up the Island. I'm sure he'll come a court'n with a nice fat offer. If James and Scotty don't take this payoff they will be the Brothers Dumb.
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia