Christmas Greeting spots on NW

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby sparky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:58 pm

So here we are one week away from Christmas. I tune into CKNW this morning on my commute and again this afternoon on the way home. It sounds like Christmas Day all the sudden. Most commercial breaks are made up of :15 second Christmas Greetings from sponsors piggy backed to fill :30 or :60 seconds.

Wasn't this something stations, especially small market ones, did on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? It sounds very reminiscent of the Community Billboard groups of spots you'd hear in places like Salmon Arm, Fort St. John, Stettler etc.

While I'm ragging on the dolts that occupy the Black Tower, what's up with the cold voice ID's in and out of every friggin' commercial break in the mornings? Is Phillip Till not capable of of saying his own name and call letters of the station? It was bad enough when someone decided the newspeople weren't capable of reading a clock and they started with the produced news intos that included the time.

It's a sad sad state of affairs.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:33 pm

These 15 second spots do sound out of place for sure. I put the radio on when I woke up yesterday, heard those and thought it was suddenly Christmas Day.

Maybe the sales team is offering bonus spots on NW for anybody stupid enough to waste their $ on AM 730.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia