Vijay's last day

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby Russ_Byth » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:09 am

One of my co-workers brought this up elsewhere, so I thought I'd do it here. For those not familar with him, you may recall Vijay from the Larry & Willy JACK-FM TV spots a couple of years ago. Few know though, that he's the longest-serving engineer at 2440 Ash St., having made the move from Burrard years ago. Working with Vijay has been a pleasure as he takes his job very seriously. Family matters brought him to the decision to take early retirement from Rogers. Best of Luck my friend!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Russ_Byth wrote: One of my co-workers brought this up elsewhere, so I thought I'd do it here. For those not familar with him, you may recall Vijay from the Larry & Willy JACK-FM TV spots a couple of years ago. Few know though, that he's the longest-serving engineer at 2440 Ash St., having made the move from Burrard years ago. Working with Vijay has been a pleasure as he takes his job very seriously. Family matters brought him to the decision to take early retirement from Rogers. Best of Luck my friend!

Agreed. Vijay's a class act all the way. He will be missed!
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Russ_Byth wrote: you may recall Vijay from the Larry & Willy JACK-FM TV spots a couple of years ago. Few know though, that he's the longest-serving engineer at 2440 Ash St., having made the move from Burrard years ago. Working with Vijay has been a pleasure as he takes his job very seriously. Family matters brought him to the decision to take early retirement from Rogers.

Too bad for Vijay's family. I hope Rogers did something for him.

I've known Vijay since before he was at 'WX. He's always been a friendly, humourous and caring person.

Btw, I was just by the old Burrard Street location less than half an hour ago. I kinda expected to see T. Dog at the corner wondering what happened to the bar next door. ;)

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia