Wonderful Pictures - part three

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby Glen Livingstone » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:07 pm

Top Dog wrote: Could you please be a little clearer Pluto?

As an administrator of this board are you saying you want this thread on pictures
to be suspended.

Where would you like me to move to?

This gets back to opinions expressed many time on this and other boards - why are you reading crap - when you could be posting your own crap so others can ignore it.

Why are we trying to placate unhappy people - the whiners should move on. What we need is variety. Do we want more threads on how bad NW is?

I may be obsessed with pictures - but it sure beats the silence of no threads/or
"Today in History".

You will note all threads with pictures get a lot of response.

Hold on just a minute.

I don't recall mentioning anything about your pictures TD, let alone suspending this thread - wherever did you get that idea?

And where in my humble post did read that I wanted you to move anywhere?

And who are the unhappy people and whiners you would like to move on?

Me?

cArtie?

Please be more specific.

As for your obsession with pictures - you said it, not me.

I put up a simple post agreeing with some of the sentiments that cArtie expressed.

You - for some reason - are trying to turn it into a shitstorm.

I hesitate to even respond to your post - because it doesn't have anything to do with radio - which is what this site is supposed to be all about.

Sorry you don't like the Today in History feature. Despite your disapproval, I'll probably keep doing it anyway.

Is that clear enough for you?

Please don't try to put words in my mouth or argue semantics with me, because you'll lose every time.

This'll be my last word on this topic.

Let's let sleeping dogs lie.

Life's too short.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby TheDude » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Top Dog wrote:Image

Ok well getting back on topic... that's 'WX Writer / Technical Director Mike Hanafin and his lovely date... her name escapes me, although I was introduced.
?
TheDude
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Pluto wrote: [QUOTE=Top Dog,Jan 14 2007, 01:51 PM]
As for your obsession with pictures - you said it, not me.

Well, in fairness, Pluto, he's paraphrasing me. At least he admits I'm right about being obsessed. :)

My point to Lee was that it's slow around here. When something happens in the business, we'll be back to talking about the industry. After all, something idiotic or strange is bound to happen. It always has and always will.

However, let me comment on T.D's "sure beats silence" statement. This isn't in reference to any specific posts or threads.

If you're listening to the radio, and some guy is talking just for the sake of talking, you'll tune out. You may not come back if it happens often enough. I don't think a message board is different. Discussion for the sake of discussion is a tune-out. I think silence IS better if you have nothing to say. Of course, it could be argued some of the stuff I've said here is nothing anyway :)

C. Arthur Machine
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Pluto:

"I'd have to agree with cArtie.

Could we please just move on now?"

so I am still left in the lurch - not knowing where or when to move on for what purpose to please you.

The whole thread is about radio people Pluto.

I am glad however that both you and 'aCartie" clarified what you are/were talking about.

Poor Lee - his head must be turning around in circles - with the mouth saying - "Hey what did I do?"

My statement remains - if you don't like a thread don't read it - and for god's sake
start some thread that is yours and don't act like T_t and throw in a one liner that is insulting.

So move on Pluto.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Sheesh, can't you crusty old radio types just get along already? I for one find value in both the picture threads and the today in history threads. Each adds to this place's charm. If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em -- but don't try to spoil the fun for everyone else.
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:34 pm

why is it Jeremy gets the real chicks?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:26 am

I think it was the "wonderful" billing I was disputing, they just look to me
like a bunch of pics from the WX Xmas party, which no offence again intended,
doesn't leave me spellbound, although there are many nice folks working there
I'm sure, (some of whom I happen to know). Posting the pics is no problem,
neither is this thread, I was just being a little smart assy as I tend to be from
time to time. ;) Sometimes comments on-line that are very off-handed and
frivolous, can mushroom into something if we let them. No need to let them.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:44 am

Pluto...don't ever drop Today In History.....it's the best there is on most days here. TD is nothing but an old grumbling grouch. Reason he likes his pictures is because he can't read. :D
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm

johnsykes wrote: Pluto...don't ever drop Today In History.....it's the best there is on most days here. TD is nothing but an old grumbling grouch. Reason he likes his pictures is because he can't read. :D

Yeah, John, and he's jealous that Jeremy can pick up all those babes.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 pm

glaherty I had no problem with your comment or those of cart_mechanic and I would be the first to say the pictures from this year's WX party were not as good as last year.

But I will move on to the next one derful.

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm

johnsykes wrote: Pluto...don't ever drop Today In History.....it's the best there is on most days here.

Thanks John. Don't worry - this daily feature is here to stay. Glad you like it. Radiofan contributes the photos and charts, and of course, cArtie's frequent contributions (such as today's) are always appreciated!
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:15 pm

I like seeing photographs of the persons responsible for radio in 2007 in a police lineup sort of way. The kids are probably as excited to see our pics of an equipment rack in Salmon Arm as we are to see their Christmas Party pics. As long as the kids don't try and turn this place into a pimped out myspace page I'll be ok.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:39 pm

My only concern would be whether the people in the pics, who by the nature of their jobs, are okay with having their private images posted. Also, did the person who provided the shots, do so with the knowledge that they'd end up on the web?

Now don't get me wrong, I can think of plenty of media-whores who would be tickled crimson to be on the Interdets.

I'm just askin' is all.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:30 pm

I agree with Biff (just shoot me now!).... I, for one, didn't get into radio to have my face plastered on the Internet.... but then when I got into radio, there was no such thing as the personal computer, let alone the Internet. But in another respect, it was that anniversary party picture that drew me to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! But please, no more of me! :P
(BTW - that last pic is Joanna Mileos, Russ Lacate, Mrs. Lacate and Mrs. Richard Dettman)
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Russ_Byth wrote: I agree with Biff (just shoot me now!).... I, for one, didn't get into radio to have my face plastered on the Internet....

Nor did I. But then again, Al Gore hadn't created the internet yet the first time I sat down behind an old Sparta board with a Radio Shack mic in small town Alberta.

Posting pictures without someones permission or knowledge is very poor etiquette.

If some a-hole posted a pic of me without my knowledge and permission, he or she would be dealing with my lawyer.

Just my 2 cents.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to British Columbia