Fred Latremouille Salute draws a huge crowd at the RPM

Radio News from British Columbia

Fred Latremouille Salute draws a huge crowd at the RPM

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:55 pm

At the White Spot, on Georgia. Red and Carole Robinson and Gord Lansdell, Phil Mackesy and Jim Morrison produced a touching "Latremouille tribute", to an overflow crowd.

Bill Reiter, Doc Harris and the legendary Myles Ramsey, brought down the house with anecdotes, about our late friend.

I can't compete with that kind of wit (*hilarious) - so I just basically said "I loved him - and I miss him, and I always will". He was the wind in my career sails, and I am still coming to terms with having to say goodbye to my bud.

Wayne Cox read a letter from Catherine. He also had a slew of funny stories.

I am very proud of Wayne Cox and Joanne Sutton, who dropped everything, to help Catherine. (These are the kind of people, I spent so many joy filled days with - am I blessed? Man.)

Fred had me fooled. I am not on Facebook - and I didn't know how bad things were getting. I didn't get to say goodbye. I have to live with it.

Dale Buote (KISS-FM's PD and my favourite all time boss), Paul Baruzzi, Fred and Cathy's Producer, were there. It was something else.

Seeing Bruce Bissell, Frank Gigliotti, Michel Godin, John Tanner, Jim Morrison, Wayne Cox, Don Schaefer, Joanna Mileos, Randy Taylor (healthy, thank GOD), Shana Selwyn, Joy Metcalfe, Vicki Gabareau and so many more, was a tonic for my soul.

I worked with the greatest people in the world.

Fred would have been pleased. A lot of LOVE and laughter.

I hope YOU met Fred, or worked with him.

He is, so far, my life's most "unforgettable figure".

He was a genius.

Goodbye, Freddie Bruce. :salute:
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: Fred Latremouille Salute draws a huge crowd at the RPM

Postby Jim Walters » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm glad some were able to hear the tributes to Fred.

I was stuck out on the patio and unfortunately most out there were more involved in drinking and yapping with each other than paying attention to what Fred's friends had to say.

The venue was way too small for the occasion.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Jim Walters wrote:I'm glad some were able to hear the tributes to Fred.

I was stuck out on the patio and unfortunately most out there were more involved in drinking and yapping with each other than paying attention to what Fred's friends had to say.

Jim... That's when I would have stood up...and joined the standing room only crowd on the inside... to hear the important stuff. It's tough to keep a bunch of radio people quiet, and I agree with you that it was inconsiderate... Hopefully there'll be some audio and video of the event somewhere soon. :occasion5:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:35 pm

In the last few days I've developed a nasty case of bronchitis which I didn't really want to share with 100+ others, so I stayed home today.

Sounds like a great time was had by all I've talked to! Thanks Red, Carole, Gord and everyone.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby videopro » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks, Tom, for your insightful summary of the memorable RPM lunch today. And for your reminder that we are all blessed to have toiled in an industry we loved with people who have remained great friends years later.

Red and Carole started the RPM luncheons after Jack Cullen died, providing an opportunity for us to get together and stay connected with our broadcast colleagues. What a brilliant success it has been.

Today's tribute to Fred, one of the most talented broadcasters ever in Canada and a good friend to us all, was most enjoyable and appropriate.

He was a monster in our field, and we can only be grateful that we knew him.
videopro

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 pm

I am so SORRY to hear about the lack of quiet - and you guys missing the sound. Heck, the place was way too small, and Red knows, and acknowledged the problem.

Upset that you did NOT hear what was going on, because other folks seemed to like to yak.

Apologies - you were there for Fred.

Thanks.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia