Koenigsfest out at NW?

Radio News from British Columbia

Re: Koenigsfest out at NW?

Postby Tom Jeffries » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:07 pm

The place was half empty when I worked there, 6 years ago. It didn't make any sense.

I heard one million bucks in remediation is in the offing. They don't have the money.

Corus will be burning the furniture - and I wonder if people are shorting the stock.

Today was a cataclysm in New York, and not much better for the TSX.

Interesting, if nervy, times.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Wasn't the reason for the move downtown to put everything under one roof?

Prior to the move, the talk shows originated from the Expo site studios, and the rest of the programming and master control was out in New Westminster.

Being downtown was much easier to get big name guests rather than having them make their way out to New Westminster.

All the sports NW covered, Lions. Canucks and Grizzlies, were downtown.

Well, sports is now non-existent. There are very few guests (if any) on what now passes as talk shows.

They could pack up the whole place and operate out of an Atco trailer in the Global TV parking lot in Lake City. No need whatsoever for the highfalutin TD Tower digs.

If it wasn't for the Bon Jovi news this week, there have been nothing for NW to Talk about. What percentage of NW listeners are Bon Jovi fans or have even heard of him?

Did I hear Bruce Allen mention that Arthur Griffiths was involved with the now bankrupt company that was promoting the no-show? Why am I not surprised.

Sorry to see Sean Leslie leave, he was one of the very few bright spots in the operation.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:41 am

Have to agree Corus needs to get their butts out of the black tower asap. They should be in an industrial area like GlobalTV is and if they can find space there it will be a big bonus. I can see them going more national with their talk shows which will give them some scale and lessen the need for as many 'employees' not to mention with todays technology most hosts can do their shows from their homes as long as they have a decent Internet connection.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:38 pm

I did Weekend Mornings for two years, and the content was all recorded in my home studio - then fed to the CKNW server and my Producer would make sure it all fit - and then I basically (yes, Campbell and a few other segments were live) threw cues to myself.

CKNW made a terrible deal at the Tower. Even six years ago, when I retired, the place was half empty.....I just didn't think it make sense.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia