C2C and US commercials

Radio News from British Columbia

C2C and US commercials

Postby kal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:19 pm

The past week or two CKNW has stopped substituting local commercials in place of the American ones on the Coast to Coast show. Anyone know why that change has come about?
kal
Advanced Member

Re: C2C and US commercials

Postby radiofan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 pm

I haven't checked out any other Canadian stations that run C2C to see if they are also running the US spots.

Maybe Premiere Networks was going to start charging stations for the show if they don't run the spots that come with it.

Great to hear something other than the all too frequent ghost themed shows last night when George spent the first hour with John Fogerty.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: C2C and US commercials

Postby jon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:49 pm

radiofan wrote:Great to hear something other than the all too frequent ghost themed shows last night when George spent the first hour with John Fogerty.

CCR could make the Bayou sound pretty spooky. My vote goes to "Walk on the Water" (B-side of "I Put a Spell on You") as scariest of their work. Though I will admit that the only time I've heard it played on the air, it was 3:00 a.m. on a Monday morning and enhanced by thousands of miles of skywave reception, from KKUA in Hawaii to my radio in Burnaby.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia