Tamara Stanners leaves The Peak

Radio News from British Columbia

Tamara Stanners leaves The Peak

Postby tuned » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:26 am

From her Facebook page:

I am having difficulty finding the words for this, so I'm just going to go for it.
Last week I gave my notice of resignation to my amazing boss at the PEAK.
It was a super tough decision that took me a long time to make..

I started working on the application for this sweet station back in November of 2007.
I have never worked at any job this long as nothing could ever hold my attention for more than 5 years.
The PEAK still holds my attention, but it is time for it to move on, and me too.
I have had so many dreams come true working for the PEAK and the PEAK Performance Project British Columbia.
My life has been changed forever for the better by our listeners and all of the people in radio and music that I have had the absolute privilege of working with.
I thought about singling out the folks who have made such an incredible impact on my life, but I don't want to miss anyone.

What am I going to do next?

I don't know for sure. I have so many dreams, visions and ideas, but I think all of them need to wait a moment while I take some time to stop and breathe.

I am excited about what the future holds. But want to cry every time I think about my last day at the PEAK.
I have already relinquished my duties as Program Director, but I will be on air from 10 - 2, Monday thru Thursday until May 12th.

Sending so much love - Tamara
tuned
Advanced Member

Re: Tamara Stanners leaves The Peak

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:56 am

A classy lady and good broadcaster who has been through a lot.
Best wishes Tamara!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Always enjoyed working with you Tammy! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the next phase of your life! Enjoy! :occasion5:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:23 pm

I never had the pleasure of working with Tamara, but she is a real pro. Best wishes on her next move.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Wow...what a catch (and now loss) for the Pattison-owned "The Peak" radio station. Didn't realize she was still in broadcasting.

She was arguably one of my favourite broadcasters at CTV British Columbia in the early '2000's, alongside Pamela Martin, Mi-Jung Lee and Lisa Rossington, two of which are sadly no longer with CTV B.C. I'd love to see her return to television, perhaps even to CTV B.C. to launch a weekend lifestyle & community program to compete with CBC's Our Vancouver (which is hosted by Gloria Macarenko, whom I've also really liked). She'd also be a good potential replacement for Marilyn Dennis on her "Marilyn" show, though that would arguably require a rebranding and renaming. Can't you just it..."Marilyn hosted by Tamara Stanners". LOL ;)

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia