Timeshare Exit Team ads

Radio News from British Columbia

Timeshare Exit Team ads

Postby kal » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Am I the only one who thinks these ads sound a little shady?

I've heard them run locally on more than one station, and I've heard the identical ads running on KGO as well. They seem to depend on a local radio personality to lend them an air of authenticity.

In the ad the company is billed as a "consumer protection company". What exactly does that term mean? What is the consumer being protected from? Presumably the salesmen who sold the original timeshare are nowhere to be found so the company can't exactly protect against them.

If the Timeshare Exit Team can get customers out of a contract, why can't the customer do this directly?
kal
Advanced Member

Re: Timeshare Exit Team ads

Postby jon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:15 pm

I assumed that a "Timeshare Exit Team" was just a fancy name for a company that brings Buyers and Sellers of Timeshare contracts together. But, reading this indicates they actually get you out of your contract:
https://timeshareexitteam.com/services/our-process/

The last time I read about Timeshare contracts in Consumer Reports, the discussion revolved around finding someone to take it off your hands, even if you had to pay them.

This appears to be a new (to me) approach with lawyers specializing in this area. They seem to have developed a streamlined process that would undoubtedly be much less expensive than getting your family lawyer to figure it all out at $300 per hour. Especially if you reside in a different country than the company with whom you have the Timeshare contract.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia